Singapore PayPal Friends & Family

Suranjan1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community

Is friends and family option available for Singapore Pay Pal accounts. As per google search F&F is available for PayPal Singapore accounts, however after opening an account I was not able to find the option.

Incase Friends & Family option is not available for Singapore account - where can we get correct information to the list of countries this option is available. 

Thanks ! 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Suranjan1 

I think it is available but there is no actual list of countries with that option.

Have you gone to send and request > send funds > put in the recipients email address and then clicked next and then it would show?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Suranjan1
Contributor
Contributor

Dear @kernowlass PayPal 1st Page.JPGPayPal 2nd Page.JPG

Thanks for your reply, I am unable to find the Friend & Family option , please see the screenshots , requesting if you could check and advise. My Singapore DBS card and Bank is linked to the account.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Suranjan1,  

Thank you for your reply! I am sorry that the screenshots had to be removed. Any images that contain sensitive information such as full names, addresses, email addresses, etc., are removed for the safety of the person whose information is listed. If you would like to use edited images where any such information is not visible, please feel free to post another reply.

However, I am happy to provide some additional information. A Google search may not yield reliable or updated information. In some countries, the Friends and Family option is not available. If you are logged into your account and that option is not there, you are likely in one of those countries, or there may be another reason that the option is not available. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Suranjan1
Contributor
Contributor

Dear All & Olivia

Good Day, 

Thank you for your response.

How does the friends and family option show up - where is it located. How to be aware thi option in missing - on which page.

Or simplest query of mine is - is Friends & Family option available for a PayPal Singapore account (with Singapore bank & card linked)

Thanks  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Suranjan1

Thank you for your reply. The Friends and Family option would be within a transaction as you set it up - If there is no option to switch to Friends and Family, then the option is not available for that payment.

One thought - is this payment going to another Singapore account, or to an account in another country? In some countries, domestic Friends and Family payments are not allowed while international payments are, or vice versa. Typically, this is due to regulatory requirements, and sometimes the capability changes based on those parameters. The only way to tell if the capability exists or not for you at this time is to see whether or not the option is in your send money flow. I'm sorry that it's confusing and frustrating.

I hope this helps,

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.