Paypal protection from hacked facebook account

HellasPanorama
Contributor
Contributor

My Facebook Account is hacked. The one who took over my account bought Facebook ads, through my Paypal as I had set it up before (as automatic payment? now I found it out). Paypal refused to cancel the payment. I filled a case with my bank. I cancelled facebook automatic payment and changed my paypal password. How can I be sure that he cannot make more purchaces? Shall I delete my Paypal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @HellasPanorama,

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. Any purchase paid with PayPal will be covered under our PayPal Buyer Protection policy. A billing agreement/Automatic payments authorizes a merchant to take payment from a customer's PayPal account when they make a purchase from the merchant’s website. As a buyer, you must agree to the Billing Agreement before a merchant can take a payment from your PayPal account. 

Billing agreements/automatic payment set up with the merchant are not considered as an unauthorized payments. In such cases, you can request the refund directly from the merchant and cancel the automatic payments set up to avoid further billing.

Best wishes,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @HellasPanorama,

Welcome to our community help forum and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear about the unauthorized transaction in your PayPal account. I understand how upsetting that must be. You can unlink your Facebook and PayPal accounts at any time by cancelling your billing agreement/automatic payment set up. As you have already canceled the Facebook automatic payment and updated your PayPal account, no other action is needed from your end. Since you mentioned about your Facebook account getting hacked, please reach out to the Facebook support team to report the incident. 

PayPal will always notify you about any activity in your PayPal account. We offer full protection for confirmed unauthorized transactions. If you note any unauthorized activity in your account, you can always report it in the resolution center. More information about reporting the unauthorized activity can be found here

I hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

HellasPanorama
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @PayPal_Bindu 

Actually I did file a case about 2 hours after the transaction (PP-R-SKG-475704616)

I got the payment notification, but it was at 6 in the morning.

But paypal refused to cancel it and considered it not unauthorised....

And it does not allow me any further reports.

Is it how it works? 

Automatic payments are not covered by PayPal Purchase Protection?

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Bindu

Hey @HellasPanorama,

I certainly understand how concerning this can be for you. Any purchase paid with PayPal will be covered under our PayPal Buyer Protection policy. A billing agreement/Automatic payments authorizes a merchant to take payment from a customer's PayPal account when they make a purchase from the merchant’s website. As a buyer, you must agree to the Billing Agreement before a merchant can take a payment from your PayPal account. 

Billing agreements/automatic payment set up with the merchant are not considered as an unauthorized payments. In such cases, you can request the refund directly from the merchant and cancel the automatic payments set up to avoid further billing.

Best wishes,

Bindu

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.