Paypal payments seem to be coming out of my account twice is there an issue with Paypal?

Lwilliams2
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal payments seem to be coming out of my account twice, happened Saturday and again today. I'm still waiting refunds back to my account for the two payments taken Saturday but activity suggests complete. I wouldn't normally mind so much but the two amount to over £500. Is there an issue with Paypal securities, contemplating cancelling my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
What is the source of these purchases? It sounds like an issue with the merchant who is processing your payments with PayPal. They could have an issue with their checkout system, for example.

You said you're awaiting refunds, so it sounds like you already talked with the merchant(s) you purchased from. Did they say anything about that?
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Lwilliams2
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, the merchant was booking.com.
Login to Me Too

Lwilliams2
Contributor
Contributor
I had an email to say booking process didn't complete but the money was taken from my account twice and separtevemail to confirm it was refunded back, although the activity receipt on PayPal suggests was completed yesterday it still hasn't been deposited to my account. Getting concerned now.
Login to Me Too

Lwilliams2
Contributor
Contributor
Issue resolved now
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Sounds like they were authorizations that have now been voided or fallen back off.

In any case, glad it's resolved!

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.