Paypal denied my unauthorised transaction claim for a scam transaction

beebear77
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal denied my claim when I lodged a unauthorised transaction claim - there's a transaction on my account that when i googled the name it came up as a scam - I have no idea what the "item" is that I supposedly bought and I have nothing to find out - no emails saying I purchased anything. There's a shipping number but the link doesn't work. It was back on 3rd September so I don't know what this "item" is that I supposedly bought nor do I have it. But I now can't open any more claims on this transaction its absolute crap so much for Paypals so called "buyer protection"!!

Just got an email back from the "help desk" it wasn't even read by a person I got a robot reply. Load of bull.

Login to Me Too
85 REPLIES 85

Ted45
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve had the exact same experience, somebody hacked my PayPal and ordered digital goods. PayPal claim I have received these goods and denied my claim. They have not taken my claim seriously or investigated properly. Robot responses every time. PayPal are a BAD company to be handling customers finances and neither their security nor investigative procedures are fit for purpose
Login to Me Too

CrazyOldMaurice
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going to show this thread to anyone considering using PayPal from now on. They don't deserve customers.

Login to Me Too

RJones1989
***I JUST FILED A POLICE REPORT BECAUSE PAYPAL DENIED MY CLAIM AND THE SELLER SCAMMED ME-PLEASE READ BELOW*** I purchased a Monster Rockin' Roller 270 Portable Indoor/Outdoor Wireless Speaker from PayPal. The seller said it shipped and gave me tracking information from FedEx I checked and it said the item was delivered but I could not find it. Then I called FedEx and gave them the information. They confirmed the address on the tracking address was not my address and it did not have my name or the sellers name who shipped it. The seller gave me a bogus tracking number for someone else who got a package delivered to Escondido. I checked the weight of the package-it said 3.1 lbs. the actual weight of the item I purchased is 31.6 pounds. The seller scammed me. PayPal closed my claim against the seller because the seller provided them with the same fraudulent tracking information they provided to me and PayPal did not check with FedEx (like I did) to verify the tracking number was bogus. Now I need to appeal PayPal’s decision and file/document this scam so I can get my $154.98 returned to me
Login to Me Too

Housekeeper63
Contributor
Contributor
You only recourse at this time would be if you actually used a credit card for Paypal to pull from, versus a checking account. Your credit card will then file (and get nasty) with pp to recompense their monies. This same thing happened to me, so I'm speaking from experience. Scammer said a 120# pellet smoker was delivered in my mailbox 2 days after order. All was fake. pp denied the claim. I had to go back to my Credit Card company (Barclays) and they filed for me and recouped my losses. Lesson learned. I will never use paypal account again.
Login to Me Too

IradaA
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same happened to me a week ago and Resolution Centre denied my request of refund. Even if it was obvious that the invoice attached to the transaction was fake. Do I have any chance to get my money back?

Login to Me Too

Dabols

I've had an unauthorised transaction on my account and reported it the moment it happened.
Someone bought 4 £50 vouchers from my account and paypal kept telling me it was authorised.
i kept asking for help but nothing was done. I went to my bank and they said paypal had to do something. I went to playstation as it was a voucher for their online store.
They can't do anything as it isn't my playstation account.
The shopto website it was bought from isn't helping either.
i went to the police and filed a fraud report and heard nothing back.
And now it's been a year and i still haven't been refunded after multiple tries to get my money back.
I am beyond outraged!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.