PayPal suspended my account and stole my money

alienhicham555
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my account is suspended for no reason, and my money are stuck there for many days... I contacted the support many times to release my money, but it's still on hold. all the transactions on my account were via "send to friend", but still money are on hold for many days.

When I asked the support many times, they answered that I will get my money after 180 days... 

How come transactions via "send to friend & family" be hold for 180 days.... this is stealing.... PayPal is a thief.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 122728.pngScreenshot 2023-07-10 125324.pngScreenshot 2023-07-10 130056.pngScreenshot 2023-07-10 130114.png

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alienhicham555 

You were probably suspended because you were using the friends/family option to accept payments for items sold against paypal rules.

Using that option to evade paying your paypal fee and to try and avoid disputes is not allowed as it also negates paypals buyer protection policy for the buyer. Does not matter if the buyer agreed to send that way, its not allowed so you were permanently banned.

Once banned paypal holds the funds for 180 days this is in case of any dispute. Whilst a buyer could not open a dispute for non receipt of item OR not as described they can still do a chargeback or unauthorised use and as you used the f/f option you would have  0 seller protection and the person involved would be refunded. 

After 180 days any funds still left in your balance would be released.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alienhicham555
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

This is a personal PayPal account not business, and the sender is paying the fee... so it's not about the fee.... And it was only few transactions on the account history, if I count them it would be 10 or 12.

There is no rule in the user agreement that tells that accepting payment from friends is not allowed on a personal account.

Login to Me Too

alienhicham555
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

First the ban was mistake, and it's a permanent ban... instead of correcting it they hold the money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alienhicham555 

Friends/family payments are FREE if funded from the senders bank account or funds in their balance so if that is what they used then paypal would not get their fee.

Secondly if you are selling goods or services then you are supposed to use the goods/services option and pay a fee regardless of account 'type'.

As you broke paypal rules by using that option not once but according to you 10-12 times then I am surprised you were not banned earlier.

And yes it is against paypal rules to use that option AND its in paypals user agreement. 

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/SecurityandFraud/message-id/138452  >>>

Receiving payments

If you use your PayPal account to receive payments for the sale of goods or services or to receive donations, you must:

• Pay any applicable fees for receiving the funds.
  • Not ask your buyer to send you money as a personal transaction (often referred to as using the “send money to a friend or family member” feature). If you do so, PayPal may remove your PayPal account’s ability to accept payments from friends or family members.

SO THE BAN WAS NOT A MISTAKE, THEY ARE RIGHT TO HOLD YOUR MONEY AND THEY DO NOT NEED TO CORRECT ANYTHING. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alienhicham555
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

You mentioned it yourself that PayPal may remove your PayPal account’s ability to accept payments from friends or family members.

They didn't do this... But they SUSPENDED the FULL ACCOUNT PERMANETELY.

And this is completely unprofessional, when they offer an option and not taking the responsibility of it.

Login to Me Too

alienhicham555
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass even The screenshots I uploaded in this thread are banned because they show the truth about PayPal

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alienhicham555 

Your screenshots are showing fine, Paypal don't stop you expressing your opinion on them.

Secondly yes they may stop you using friends/family if you use it for accepting payments a few times but as you regularly used it 10-12 times then they may well decide on a permanent ban.

I have known lots of folks banned for accepting friends/family for purchases as they are trying to evade not paying their fee that the rest of us are paying but also negating their buyers protection. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

alienhicham555
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I uploaded 4 screenshots and only 1 that is showing... the other 3 that are showing what the customer support agents are saying are banned.

And yes they didn't limit or made an advertisement, instead they made a permanent ban.

Screenshot 2023-07-10 200545.png

Login to Me Too

alienhicham555
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass  And in the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

There is No mention on such prohibition of the use or over use of the "friend or family" transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.