PayPal requires to submit bank statement, but PayPal name, and bank holder name are differs

Simon-cs
Contributor
Contributor

My PayPal account access is temporarily limited. Paypal requires to submit bank statement, to to confirm ownership of bank account.
At the moment I was opening PayPal I did not have a bank account, so I connected my mother's bank card.
In the statement upload page, it says:

In the bank statement, your name and account number should be the same as in your PayPal account.
Which statement now I should upload to PayPal, if the name in PayPal, and connected bank are differs.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @Simon-cs

Welcome to the Community, and thanks for your post! 

I understand you've been requested to upload a bank statement, but the bank account belongs to your mother. I apologize for the confusion this has caused, and I'll be happy to help. To resolve the limitation, you'll want to ask your mother for a copy of her most recent bank statement associated with the card that's been added to your PayPal account. Then, with that statement, have her write us a letter that states she permitted you to use her bank card on your account. If you've since added your own bank account or card, I'd also upload a statement for that account because we may be looking to verify both accounts. Please keep in mind that this is not a guarantee to resolve the limitation; however, it's our best chance to verify all of the information. If you'd like to learn more about resolving limitations, I suggest visiting our Help Center here: How do I remove a limitation from my account? After you've submitted all of the requested documentation within your Resolution Center, the limitation should move into a review status. As soon as all of the documents can be reviewed, you'll receive an update by email. 

I hope this information helps and your limitation is resolved soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Simon-cs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks fro your answer.

Just one question, You wrote she should write a letter that states she permitted me to use her bank card on my account.
How she should validate her identity? Attach a copy of passport or ID?
Where she should send a letter?
In the resolution center I have a form which requires one file to submit a statement.
Maybe I should combine a latter with the statement file, and upload it?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @Simon-cs

Thank you for your interesting question. 

If you have been asked to confirm the ownership of the account you are using then I would recommend to upload a copy of the statement along with a letter from your Mother confirming she has allowed you to use it and a copy of her photo ID. You should be able to upload this via the resolution centre on your PayPal account. 

I hope this helps answer your question, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.