PayPal Refunds

MCMG1
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning, has anyone tried to get a refund from PayPal when a transaction is deemed scam.  Have you been strung along  for weeks on end.  And if so did PayPal ever honoured their protection and refund claim.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Temp20230227B
New Community Member
They’ve quit refunding fraudulent charges. I’m going to have to close my account. I won’t let them steal from me. I never used Uber Technologies for anything, yet I get a bill and PayPal paid it. I tried to get it refunded, and was told it’s legitimate. No No it’s not.
Login to Me Too

MCMG1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that, I thought something was wrong.  Will have to review my account too.  EBay have proven much better at dealing with fraudulent companies and transactions and stayed honest to their words.  How sad all this is.  Sorry to hear your predicament.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @MCMG1 and @Temp20230227B

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent transaction or two. I can understand how concerning an unrecognized transaction must be. If you need to report a charge as unauthorized, please open a case in our Resolution Center with the instructions listed here: How do I report an unauthorized transaction? Our resolution teams will review your case and account activity to see if any unauthorized activity is present. If they find unauthorized activity, a refund may be in order for the reported transactions.

If the transaction was a subscription or billing agreement, please double-check your settings to see if there's any agreements that need your attention. If you've opened a case and it was denied because it was a subscription or billing agreement, first, it's best to reach out to your family members or household members to see if any of them have added your PayPal onto their payment profile for that merchant. If that's not the case, it an unknown user has used your PayPal account for a transactions, please reach out to our Customer Support to see what other options may be available. 

Good luck!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.