My account was permanently limited for no specific reason or warning.

Yae2
New Community Member

I have been using PayPal for many years.
Recently I went on a shopping spree and I wake up today to my account being limited.

I really don't care anymore about using PayPal's services if this is how they treat customers who've been with their service for years.

I just want to know if someone were to refund me something because they are not able to ship it, can I withdraw that money to my bank account through my card.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yae2 

Issued refunds generally go back to the original funding source, so you might not need to even have to make a withdrawal. If the refund however ends up in your balance, it could be held for 180 days because of the permanent limitation. And yes, you can withdraw to your bank by eligible debit card.

The permanent limitation email/notification should say why, such as potential risk, excessive risk, violation of acceptable use Policy, use inconsistent with user agreement, etc.

You may file a complaint with bbb.org under San Jose, CA to request another review of your account. It could have been a misunderstanding/false positive.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Narweex
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me. I had over 1000 succesful orders and all my customers were super happy. I was selling digital goods for over 2 years. I just woked up to my account beeing permanently limited and paypal even said they can keep all 150€ i had on the account. I hate these scam artists, i am gonna use stripe for now. Btw i had fully verified account with personal ID and everything.
Login to Me Too

Ankit444
New Community Member
Same thing has happened to me yesterday, my account got permanently limited. I'm also going to use Stripe from now on as Paypal isn't going to restore my account ever. We should also encourage people to use Stripe over Paypal, at least Stripe isn't going to permanently suspend our accounts SMH.
Login to Me Too

Narweex
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me. I was super happy till now. This is just a scam

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.