Made a mistake opening an account when I was younger, now I cannot get rid of it

moondeadinc
New Community Member

When I was 10 years old, I made a paypal account with incorrect age (old enough for paypal to think I'm over 18) but now I'm having trouble because it is asking to confirm my identity. My bank account is linked to the paypal and I am not able to get rid of it.  I am still not over 18, but I was hoping if there was a way to unlink the bank account or close the paypal account for good without confirming identity?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moondeadinc 

If you can't confirm i.d. and prove you are over 18 then it will probably be permanently limited.

Paypal is not something to play around with, its a legal financial account and you have to abide by their legally agreed user agreement.

If its permanently limited then its unlikely they will let you open another paypal account when you are 18 and would have to ask them if you can or any future ones would be banned as well.

Doubt you will get the funds until 18 but only customer services can advise you on that one, they may allow you to send to a parents account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@moondeadinc 

If you can't confirm i.d. and prove you are over 18 then it will probably be permanently limited.

Paypal is not something to play around with, its a legal financial account and you have to abide by their legally agreed user agreement.

If its permanently limited then its unlikely they will let you open another paypal account when you are 18 and would have to ask them if you can or any future ones would be banned as well.

Doubt you will get the funds until 18 but only customer services can advise you on that one, they may allow you to send to a parents account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.