Item not received from Buyee - buyer protection?

Edeto
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I recently bought some items from a Japanese marketplace which were consolidated and posted to me via a forwarding service called Buyee. The tracking is showing the parcel leaving Japan but hasn't updated for over a week now. Parcelforce have confirmed that it hasn't been scanned into their network. I have other shipments that are progressing so it's clear there have been flights into the UK - I suspect this package may be missing. However, Buyee is refusing to investigate this for me, apparently because I didn't pay a 500 yen fee. This seems like a lousy response - I thought it's always the senders responsibility to ensure the item reaches the buyer? What is PayPal's policy on this? If the item still hasn't arrived in a couple of weeks time, should I open a dispute/ claim for the relevant transactions? There are 3 in total.

Many thanks,

Tom

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Edeto 

should I open a dispute/ claim for the relevant transactions?

Yes.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Edeto
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I will do that if the item doesn't turn up. 

I'm a little concerned because this company has a history of taking punitive action against customers who open PayPal claims against them, e.g closing accounts while they still hold purchased items in their warehouse. I will just have to take that chance I think...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.