Invisible Limitation

bluexy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I'm struggling with an ongoing issue. Paypal has emailed me about account limitations several times, but the limitations aren't showing up in my account and I have no open cases in my Resolution Center. The emails ask nonspecifically for further identification material. I thought at first I was getting phished, but I've contacted Paypal through chat and had it confirmed that the limitations are official.

Paypal is now not responding to me in chat. I even waited for a phone call and the representative hung up on me. I'm just trying to figure out how to get this invisible limitation removed and I have no idea how to do it. I have payments incoming and no idea whether they're being rejected.

Is there some way I can resolve this without relying on PayPal's insufficient customer service?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bluexy
Contributor
Contributor

As an update, I just got off the phone with PayPal which only complicated the issue. To start, PayPal confirmed that I had a limitation, but it was not associated with my PayPal account. Rather, it's associated with a Venmo account. PayPal also said that it hasn't sent me any emails, but I was able to confirm that the emails I received about a limitation on my account did come from the official [removed] email address. Note that while I do have a Venmo account, it is not associated with my PayPal account in any way, other than having the same email address used for registration.

The customer service representative said they weren't able to help me with my Venmo account limitation, which they were able to pull up via a reference #. I went ahead and logged into my Venmo account and there are absolutely no limitations in place, from what I can tell So I'm absolutely baffled about what is going on, how there's any crossover between PayPal and Venmo, and what this limitation has to do with any of my accounts.

Login to Me Too

bluexy
Contributor
Contributor

Just to provide further clarification for anyone with an issue in the future. I'm still receiving emails about account limitations from the official PayPal email address, each asking for me to provide more personal information. PayPal has confirmed via phone and chat these are genuine, official emails. They're just about my Venmo account and not my PayPal account, according to the reference number attached to the emails. I have logged into my Venmo account and have no apparent limitations there. 

PayPal has reassured me that my PayPal account is not limited nor in danger. Regardless, I'm going to continue receiving official emails about escalating limitations on what appears to be a Venmo account that doesn't exist. PayPal has no way to check, since Venmo is separate. Venmo can't help because the issue is found within PayPal's system. Suffice to say, I'm baffled and incredibly frustrated, with no clear path forward.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.