I received a payment that was not addressed to me.

cretudan
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment that was not addressed to me.

The person that made the payment was sending the money to my account and was supposed to send them to somebody else. He opened a claim for the payment under false pretenses (item not received) and I was charged for "Dispute Fee" and transaction cost

I had nothing to sell nor was I selling anything, he send the money to somebody else.

I don't want to pay for any "Dispute fee" or transaction cost because I did nothing else but having the misfortune of being the one that received those money. How can I clear my account negative balance and make the one that made the mistake to pay the "Dispute fee" and transaction cost?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cretudan 

Why did you just issue a refund?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cretudan
Contributor
Contributor

The refund was done by paypal support.

Anyway I was contacted by the sender by email and I was supposed to send him the money back if paypal would've been unable to make the refund because of the claim. 

During the claim I have answered to paypal support that the money were send to me by mistake.

Login to Me Too

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @cretudan!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post on our Community Page. 

We are sorry you have received a payment in error and are dealing with an open dispute case as a result. We know this can be frustrating, and we are here to assist. Please contact us about this situation. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

Thank you!

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

cretudan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for support!

At this moment I managed to contact the persona that made the wrong payment and he promised that he will refund the cost of the dispute at the end of the month.

I will wait until then and after I will contact support, again, for this. I am saying "again" because I`ve tried to contact support about the problem of the refund and I had no luck because the case is closed and no other discussions can be made about it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.