I paid for an "iphone" to scammer on ebay, he doesn't respond to me anymore

Dramke
Contributor
Contributor
Will paypal refund money to me? I paid through "goods and services", not family and friends. The person hasn't replied to me since I transferes the money. 670 euros
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dramke 

If when you paid you clearly stated you were sending funds for an iphone or item then yes you should have buyer protection.

Make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim.

Then paypal would expect the seller to provide a tracking number to prove you received your item, if not then you 'should' get a refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dramke 

You have up to 30 days to open an Ebay dispute for non receipt of item, so have you done that?

I

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dramke
Contributor
Contributor
I clicked on that transaction and then clicked on "report problem" and then "I want a refund" and described problem in a comment. Is that alright?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dramke 

Did you open an Ebay or a Paypal dispute???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dramke
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dramke 

So the correct dispute would be ''non receipt of item'' is that the one you chose?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dramke
Contributor
Contributor
I believe I did if I remember correctly. I think first i clicked on "I want a refund" and then "non receipt of item" Edit: I am just curious does paypal really refund in these situations or should I say goodbye to my money.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dramke 

If when you paid you clearly stated you were sending funds for an iphone or item then yes you should have buyer protection.

Make sure you escalate the dispute to a claim.

Then paypal would expect the seller to provide a tracking number to prove you received your item, if not then you 'should' get a refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.