I attempted to make a payment but PayPal is requesting DOB of payee

olivertooist
Contributor
Contributor

My account is now restricted because of it. Has anyone seen this? I can't get through an agent for help and as I try going through the Resolution Center to sort it out, I can't do anything as I don't know the person - he just runs a little small, side hobby operation and offers a couple of items. The purchase amount is <$50.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@olivertooist 

I have seen others report this from time to time. Was a name entered in the payment note field and nothing else?

If you put “For John Smith”, to comply with regulations PayPal will ask for the DOB of the person. 

If you are buying something, must do it properly or the transaction will get scrutinized: put what you are buying in the notes and use goods and service option, next time.

Found a case where payment was sent and the note said “Tuition for [First Name, Last Name]” and PayPal asked for the person’s dob.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

olivertooist
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting you say that, I actually entered a detailed description of the product, the shipping, and the person receiving it. Maybe it was an incorrect flag and upon reviewing it, they will clear it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.