How to get a chargeback from Lycamobile?

gorish1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I purchased what I thought was a "bundle" from Lycamobile that gets autorenewed every month (or quarter).

It turns out that it was just a "top-up" that I purchased and that my plan was not renewed from the amount I paid into my account. So I ended up being charged the PAYG (pay-as-you-go) rate which used up my 3-month plan in two weeks.

I tried to dispute this with PayPal, but they say it was a valid purchase and that I wasn't misled in any way.

How do I escalate this? Do I have to go to court to claim against Lycamobile and/or PayPal?

How can I (we/Lycamobile customers) petition PayPal (and other gateway providers) to block Lycamobile from accepting payments from PayPal or credit/debit cards?

I lost only £30 on this transaction. My son lost €50 on a similar transaction. I know of other friends and family who have lost similar amounts. It seems to be a fraudulent ploy by Lycamobile to bemuse or confuse customers to buying the wrong product (or not any product at all) or paying their punitive prices for not navigating their system properly.

What other avenues are there? I tried to request a "dead letter" from Lycamobile but they just ignore me now. I want to complain to the telecoms ombudsman and shut this company down. It seems they're not regulated in the EU and so EU customers don't seem to have a way to stop their shenanigans either.

Any suggestions on blocking, defunding or shutting down this company for good?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.