How long do PayPal take to review documents?

PhilipChris69
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

Jordan2tagg
Contributor
Contributor

It has been 45 days for me now 😞 No answer, nothing...I wrote them several times already

Login to Me Too

IevaAz
Contributor
Contributor

same here, shows "In Progress" like forever

Login to Me Too

BillyBones
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. In fact, the more I look into this, the harder it is to find people who have actually had their limits lifted since there seem to be far more people who are endlessly waiting than have had successful resolutions.

I got my first message in August 2016 and submitted all of the requested documents. Tonight my account had the full limit put on it, even though my 'Messages' shows that there are none. If I go into the page with the 'Lift Limits' link it shows that every single thing that's been requested has been received (green ticks/checks alongside them).

What else do I need to do and does anyone from PP who has the authority to deal with accounts read these threads?

Login to Me Too

MWarr
New Community Member

I have submitted info over two and a half weeks ago and just like many on here I am waiting with no reply. The resolution centre shows it is awaiting a response form me but when I click on resolve it says they have everything that they need.

This is crazy, how long does it tkae to sort this out?!

I have snet emails through to support but I won't hold my breath. I guess I'm gonna have to call them.

Login to Me Too

erikardana
Contributor
Contributor

this sems to be the same problem for everybody..Where is the Paypal officer to answer all these question. Seems no one wouls answer. why do we have this forum for if this is not resolve the members problem.

@PhilipChris69 wrote:

I have been trying to lift the initial receiving limit of £1,900 per year. To do this, PayPal required documentation to be sent to them as proof of identification and address. As a genuine seller, I had no problem doing this, and I uploaded scanned copies of my passport and recent bank statement for PayPal to review.

However, the problem is that this is taking a very long time with no clear indication of when the review will be finished. I uploaded the documents almost two weeks ago. I was told that the review would be finished within 48 hours (obviously this information was extremely innacurate). I have tried to contact PayPal, but I only received a generic response - "we are still reviewing your account. Thank you for your patience". That's great, but this didn't answer the question of how long this will take, be it several more days, weeks or even months!

I would just like some clarification as to how long I should expect to wait until this review is complete? At the moment there is no clear answer, and I am keen to start selling again but I cannot until the review is complete and the receiving limits are lifted.

Thank you in advance.

Login to Me Too

WeLLgetBack2U
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem like everyone around. I am waiting 3 months ago for someone to review my submitted documents.

'We’ll get back to you within a few business days.'

Of course you do.

It seems to it is not about my documents it is rather about withelding my and anyone elses money for the inerests.

Login to Me Too

Aderekas
Contributor
Contributor

For me its been 12 days already and still no news at all, not even an email. I tried to contact customer support but only got a generic auto-reply mail...this is very very dissapointing

Login to Me Too

WeLLgetBack2U
Contributor
Contributor

Well they dont care about you overall.

I am waiting for their review 3 months ago.

What they actually do is they are putting limits on peoples accounts so they can use their money. 

Login to Me Too

GeetjeeNL

I think we should start some kind of legal/police report. If each of us join in and pay €50 for an attorney we will have a strong case o.0

Login to Me Too

MetOne

Been waiting for about a month now after submitting the information required, this is ridiculous. In fact, we already supplied the same information last year!

We just get a generic auto reply when trying to contact as well.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.