How do I know a Business Paypal Estimate in exhange for Bitcoin Payment Fee is legit?

cybervix
Contributor
Contributor

A person wants to send me money and I recieved this "Estimate" to my email:

PayPal_Screenshot_20220914.jpg

Next they sent me a link via message so that I could pay a Bitcoin Payment Fee. The link took me to a site called Simplex Trust Wallet. I'm not from the US so I haven't heard of that before. I just want to make sure this is all legit and not some scam. I'm just suspicious because I can't see any new activity on my PayPal account. Maybe I'm just a dumbass who doesn't know how Business PayPal works but better safe than sorry.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cybervix 

Why are you sending a fee if someone is supposed to pay you???

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kala20
Contributor
Contributor
I've got this tooo
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.