Hacked 2021?

Courtr8914
Contributor
Contributor
Just curious if anyone else feels their paypal account was hacked in January 2021? Two unauthorized 2K + purchase January 2021
Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

mmaulertoys
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to tell people on ebay about it. I only knew there was a problem as i have 2 Paypal accounts. My Business had like $54 so i reported no big deal. I moved all my cash to my other Paypal account until i got a new card. No matter with 12 hours it was hacked but for a lot more twice in minutes. I contacted paypal as it was not allowing me to report it was changing in front of my eyes one charge was pending as usual but the other for like $151 said something weird i have never seen before and i did put on my ebay report. I never got that $151 back and had a site i use tell me Paypal disputed 2 $45 dollar charges so i was not welcome. None of the hacked amounts were for $45 the first was over $50 and the other 2 were $151 and $189 or about. I knew when i saw paypal stock going way up even though it was losing Ebay. It is obvious why if youtake from each person and return you would get away with it most times. In my case both accounts not paying the $151 back( i forgot paypal said they noticed the hacking and stopped it and i said no i did as paypal has never told me about a hack i tell them. He says (after a 1/2 hour of a wicked attitude with a hacked account customer) well maybe you did Sherlock either way the one Hack of $151 was returned immediately and the other was not it was as usual looked at and i disputed and got back in 5-6 days as i did on my other paypal account. Just the one was right away without any dispute or looked into. I said it was not and why would it have been as paypal has never disputed my charges i have and i never got it back in less than a few days. It was a scam to raise Paypals value and it was allowed to work and did work. I say most everyone who sells accounts were hacked at the beginning of Jan 2021 to increase paypal to its most valuable. Nothing you can do except let each other know yes that did happen and will anytime the rich mafia wants it to. 

Login to Me Too

Hgl212121
Contributor
Contributor
My partner has just been hacked in his account a video game has been charged to his account ,he is currently trying to fix it .
Login to Me Too

Amylexi
Contributor
Contributor
Yes Twice!! The 1st time I filed a dispute and called PayPal. They assured me that if I changed my password my account would be secured. They reimbursed my money. I changed my password for that, my bank account, and my yahoo email and requested a new debit card from my bank just in case. One month later was hacked again. This time I called PayPal and again they reimbursed the money but said they found no fraudulent activity. It was a game Subscription and it was probably me and I forgot? I don't have any game subscriptions. At this point I completely closed that PayPal and open a brand new one with my Gmail. I don't know if it is related but right afterwards my Gmail account was hacked. I have had PayPal for about 10 to 15 years and I've never had a problem. Now I just don't trust it
Login to Me Too

Hgl212121
Contributor
Contributor
They said to my partner the same ,that no fraudulent activity and also a game subscription,but as of yet they haven't reimbursed the money he has changed everything and I am too ,his is a game thing for PlayStation which neither of us have so we shall see what they say .
Login to Me Too

Amylexi
Contributor
Contributor
Mine was a playstation thing as well. And the other one we couldn't even figure out
Login to Me Too

jackie124
Contributor
Contributor

I had fraudulent charges on my account on Feb 2. We called paypal immediately. We were given our money back but then paypal reversed it and said we made the purchases when we know that we didn't. So frustrating. 

Login to Me Too

jackie124
Contributor
Contributor

Same thing happened to us, 6 charges to AT&T, (we don't even have any AT&T items) they ruled in our favor on one of the 6, charges were for 120.00 for some kind of data service, used my wife's name but different address. Finally wrote to the President and CEO, still waiting on that. PayPal's "customer service" has gone down hill, from a 19 year customer.

Login to Me Too

jackie124
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the latest indignity from PayPal; yesterday I got yet another notice from them claiming they had heard from the merchant and were finding that the bogus charge in question (1 out of 6) was "authorized" and would have to pay an additional $120.00-ON THE SAME CLOSED DISPUTE WE WERE ALREADY CHARGED ONCE FOR!!

Login to Me Too

jackie124
Contributor
Contributor

What's the point of this site anyway? Here we are complaining about PayPal on a board that they promote and probably monitor, has anyone ever been approached by PayPal as a result of something posted on this site? Or is this just a way to "blow off steam" rather than write to the CEO or what ever. I doubt if anyone has had their problem solved by making a comment on this board. Tell me I'm wrong.

Login to Me Too

Amylexi
Contributor
Contributor
I removed all my bank info just in case they didn't rule in my favor and tried to recharge me. PayPal is getting ridiculous
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.