Fraud in games charging without per.ission

macksan
Contributor
Contributor
My question falls I to many categories, but I've choosen transaction because I feel taken, deception, passed off, anger. 2 games have charged me and a auto payment "space cockrotch once for 5 and 10. I never signed up and don't have this app on my screen. Vaguely remember playing but it was a free game if I knew it was a pay game I never ever download. Ever! Also a game called Papaya.how do these games get any control ND able to sneak money via paypal, Google, or any means if I didn't agree to it. Don't say small print. I don't buy games, period and I want my money back yesterday!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

macksan
Contributor
Contributor
If paypal doesnt represent me in a fraudulent charge and I get the passoff, (which makes me so mad ) then how do I get refunded ded. So far, 25 bucks. I can't go through bank. It's a paypal issue from a game I didn't download for a purchase and the deeper I got it shows Google pay as the means of payment initially...I guess. I. In the dark and need this crap to stop! I'm poor and getting poorer by the minute!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @macksan

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues with a recent download and unexpected charge. I'd first recommend making sure you've cancelled any and all future transactions you find associated with any downloads. You can find more information here: How to update a subscription or recurring payment.

Your best bet for a refund is to reach out to the merchant and request a refund. Unfortunately, PayPal does not normally offer a dispute option for games or other downloads you've initiated that may have a trial period that turns into a monthly charge. Examples which PayPal would consider unauthorized are when someone steals / fraudulently obtains the login information for your PayPal account, uses that information to access your PayPal account, and then sends a payment from your PayPal account. 

If this has been an unauthorized transaction, you're welcome to open a case through our Resolution Center. 

Best wishes and good luck!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.