Doing a return bought with pay in 4

VioletsAreBlue
Contributor
Contributor

So I bought a pair of jeans using pay in 4 but they are way too big and I need to return them. Can I do that even though I used pay in 4? I’ve never had to return an item when using this payment plan before so I’m not entirely sure how I go about doing it.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_JonK

Hello @VioletsAreBlue,

Welcome to the PayPal Community. Great question! Requesting a refund with a Pay in 4 transaction is just like any other transaction. We first recommend reaching out to the merchant first to see if they can process a refund. If they're unfamiliar with that process, here's a Help Center article you'll find useful: How do I request a refund?

Good luck with your refund!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

VioletsAreBlue
Contributor
Contributor
I only made one payment so far and just did the return in store. Does the entire amount go back to PayPal and then they give me back the first payment? Or how does that work?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VioletsAreBlue 

When the seller issues a refund then any payments already made are refunded.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VioletsAreBlue
Contributor
Contributor
I have not been refunded and PayPal just pulled out the second payment from my account despite the fact that I already made the return. Will they refund me in full after all the payments?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VioletsAreBlue 

Has the seller issued a refund (not up to paypal to do it).

When the seller refunds then any payments made are returned back to you, however if it is very close to a due date of a payment that may still go out and then be returned.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.