Can an item be cancled and refunded once it has been shipped, we don't want to be scammed?

esjacks
New Community Member

I am actually the buyer located in the US looking to purchase an item from Canada.  The seller wants to be cautious about being scammed so I suggested  that we use PayPal.  He mentioned that I could cancel the transaction and get my money back after he has already sent out the item.  Is this the case?  I can't seem to find detailed information on it.  If so any ideas how to complete this transaction that would be safe for both of us?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@esjacks 

That depends on many factors all listed in Paypals buyer or seller protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > buyer/seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@esjacks 

That depends on many factors all listed in Paypals buyer or seller protection policy for you to read so you can risk assess your transactions.
Legal (bottom right of Paypals pages) > user agreement > buyer/seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.