Buyer is trying to scam me

ubozkurtm
Contributor
Contributor

I received a payment on January 13, I made a partial refund to the buyer who claimed that there was a partial problem with the product, January 22. This refund amount was determined by the buyer and I made a return payment to him in accordance with this. Now requesting full refund and payment and after more than 3 months. What should I do? There was only a tiny defect in the size tag on the product. And in these 3 months, he bought products from me 5-6 times from different dates, he made the payment with a bank transfer, the receipts are available, whatsapp correspondence is available, the delivery receipt is already available, now he has created a case to get all the money back from me, this is a complete fraud. Help me! Please.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ubozkurtm wrote:

This refund amount was determined by the buyer and I made a return payment to him in accordance with this. Now requesting full refund and payment and after more than 3 months. What should I do?

Did you send a separate payment as the refund, instead of refunding through the original transaction? If so, you left yourself vulnerable to a dispute of the entire amount of the original transaction on top of what you already refunded so next time always refund partially or fully from within the original transaction if refund is being issued within 180 days from date of payment.

You can respond to the claim by providing the transaction ID from the partial refund in the dispute with an explanation that the buyer was partially refunded. Hopefully you added a note to the partial refund about what that refund payment was for, referencing the order. If the reason for the dispute was for significantly not as described, and either party escalates for PayPal to step in, PayPal will ask buyer to return the item for a refund but you should call customer service to emphasize that you already partially refunded so PayPal doesn’t over refund the buyer.

If responding to the dispute does not block you from issuing a partial refund from within the original transaction to make the buyer whole, without a return, that might be an option.

You can also “offer” a partial refund of the difference within the dispute which I kinda doubt buyer will accept:

You can also offer a partial refund for your dispute. Here’s how:  

1. Go to the Resolution Center.
  2. Select Open Cases from the list and find the transaction.
  3. Click the Case ID under the Case column.
  4. Click Offer a partial refund on the case details page.
  5. Enter the amount you want to offer and click Calculate to figure out the net refund amount and fee refund.
  6. Click Offer refund

@ubozkurtm wrote:

And in these 3 months, he bought products from me 5-6 times from different dates, he made the payment with a bank transfer, the receipts are available, whatsapp correspondence is available, the delivery receipt is already available, now he has created a case to get all the money back from me, this is a complete fraud. Help me! Please.

So the buyer also disputed the other purchases too or just the purchase you partially refunded? 

If these other disputes/chargebacks are for item not received or unauthorized transaction, just provide all the proof of delivery information to PayPal. If buyer reports significantly not as described (SNAD) on the other transactions, then you should escalate to PayPal so that buyer has to return item(s) for a refund. Sellers are generally not covered from SNAD unless the buyer lets on in the dispute that it’s buyer’s remorse. Hopefully buyer will really return the items. If you get empty returns or fake tracking, call and speak with customer service and report this buyer for abuse of buyer protection. This may or may not get your money back but would put them on PayPal’s radar.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ubozkurtm
Contributor
Contributor

He informed me of the problem via whatsapp and I asked him what he wanted, the room told me to return 50 pounds and he said that he would not open a dispute, so I refunded the money in PayPal without writing any explanation.

pp.jpg

Login to Me Too

ubozkurtm
Contributor
Contributor

The date I received the first payment was January 13. The date I made a partial payment is January 28. i recived first case 16 april.

pp2.jpg

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ubozkurtm 

It looks like you did the partial refund from the original transaction because in the picture, the original purchase was referenced and there was a fee reversal, too.

Login to Me Too

ubozkurtm
Contributor
Contributor

This is not valid and good proof?

Login to Me Too

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @ubozkurtm,

Thank you so much for posting within the PayPal Community. Based on the screenshot provided, it appears the full transaction was refunded. For us to review this further, please reach out to our Customer Support. You can see the options available for your region here. Otherwise, you may send us a Facebook Private Message (PM) or Twitter Direct Message (DM).

Thanks!

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ubozkurtm wrote:

This is not valid and good proof?

No, it is in fact valid proof and very good because you refunded from the original transaction because the original transaction is referenced/linked in the refund details for PayPal to see.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.