Buyer has sent money via Paypal but has no mailing address linked to Paypal transaction.

parin2
Contributor
Contributor

I've sold an item on Gumtree. Buyer has sent money via Paypal but has no mailing address linked to Paypal transaction. I asked for mailing address and they sent address via Gumtree message only. Does this sound OK?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@parin2 

Sounds as if they sent the payment as a friends/family payment which would negate your seller protection.

Go and click on the transaction on your paypal account and see if you were charged a fee on that details page, if not then it would have been a f/f transaction.

If that was the case I would use the refund option also on that page and then request the buyer send a goods/services payment OR send them a money request or invoice fully describing the item you are selling.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

parin2
Contributor
Contributor

Buyer paid using the PayPal request for money I sent from the Gumtree interface.

I was charged a PayPal transaction fee.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

@parin2 You will be able to see the shipping details in the transaction details page of your PayPal account. If not, you can contact us by clicking the contact us option at the bottom of PayPal page or send us a message through our Twitter(@AskPayPal) and Facebook page for additional assistance.

I hope this information helps

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.