Buyer Chargeback Against Me Terminated By Paypal But Amount Missing In My Account

patchesmania
Contributor
Contributor

My buyer from U.S placed an order; I am U.K based sewho ller sent tothe  him perfect product with all the customization he needed. The buyer asked a refund via Paypal the with tag "Unauthorised Transaction". He never respond me to call or email what was wrong. I provided all the proofs available a from product, quality carrier and DHL POD (proof of delivery) with buyer signature recieving parcel. Ultimately, Paypal closed the case in my favor but it never credited amount into my account the chargeback on buyer's fraudulent attempt of chargeback.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @patchesmania,

Thank you for your post. 

I do understand your concern with this. The chargeback process is external to the PayPal system. If a PayPal customer initiates a chargeback with their credit card company we have no way of stopping the claim as it is handled by that card issuer. What we can do is dispute the claim on your behalf in appropriate circumstances. 

When a dispute/chargeback is opened, any funds associated with the transaction are placed on hold. If the chargeback was closed in your favor, the funds would have been released back into your PayPal account. They would not be shown as a credit, as the funds would just be released. 

I would suggest you check your PayPal 'Activity' at the time the chargeback was closed, and you should see the funds back in your PayPal balance. 

If you still cannot locate the funds, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support. This can be done by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope this helps!

- Rachel

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.