Being scammed, promised $4500 but had to pay over $360 so far

Jmode87
Contributor
Contributor
Someone said they are sending money to me but there was a fee to optimize the transfer and PayPal needed a coupon voucher or bitcoin as payment. All because it is a German account. I got a razor gold gift card for 70 dollars and it didn't go through. I had to get another $70 card and one 50 and one 100 and still nothing. Kept telling me it was because of the type of card and to switch to bitcoin. Against my better judgement I sent the $70 bitcoin he said the PayPal in Germany said would finish the transfer. Of course, no surprise, it didn't work. I tried to contact PayPal to confirm and have them tell me that it is not true, PayPal doesn't do this in Germany or anywhere, so I can have it in writing. But of course no response. I have a police report pending on this matter
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jmode87 

You were scammed unfortunately by fake Paypal emails or messages.

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jmode87 

You were scammed unfortunately by fake Paypal emails or messages.

You never pay any upfront fee as a seller.

Ignore scammers that send fake Paypal emails telling you that you need to pay an upfront fee to verify/upgrade/or any other reason to 'accept' a payment.

You would certainly never have to send funds via another payment processor/bitcoins/ or tokens/vouchers of any sort.

Any fee is auto deducted by Paypal at the same instant the remainder of the payment is credited to your Paypal account balance.

No funds in your balance = you have not yet been paid, even pending/held payments will still show in your Paypal account activity.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mchamlin
Contributor
Contributor

Was it Steve [removed]? promising you your weekly allowance?

Login to Me Too

Jmode87
Contributor
Contributor

No. It was a man named Hudson [removed] from tik tok. He eventually involved his "manager" named "Fredrick" but has since told me it was a scam that his name is Samuel and that Hudson is a horrible man and Samuel will help me by sending 10,000 to make up for the hurt and lost. But I still need to come up with $350 to clear it because of what Hudson supposedly did and messed it up

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jmode87 

Hope you are not believing that rubbish?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Jmode87
Contributor
Contributor
Oh no. Absolutely not! I was stupid and fell for it to the amount I did send, but then my senses kicked back in. I've reported it to agencies that deal with online crimes and im about to file a police report to my local police and sheriff's department. I may not see any money returned but I am trying to get them stopped from doing this to another person.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.