Alledged Purchase on Paypal for bitcoin

jaymelch
Contributor
Contributor

I made two purchased to EBay in the last 2 days and used PayPal. Withing a few hours I have received email thanking me for my bitcoin purchase. Email indicates it is from Paypal. Anyone else seeing this. No such transaction shows up on my activity. I know it is a scam but I don't understand the the tie to Paypal so closely connected to purchases. Anyone have thoughts?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Iris

Hello @jaymelch,

Welcome to PayPal Community! I understand that you may be receiving emails that are reflecting from PayPal and I'm glad you have reached out to us. Typically, there are a few indicators that can identify a real email from PayPal from a fake one. You can find more details here. If you find further support, please don't hesitate to contact Customer Support through our Message Us (when available), through Twitter direct message, or Facebook instant message. I hope this helps! 

Iris
If you find this post helpful, feel free to provide kudos or accept a post as a solution to help make our community better.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.