No, you do not have to buy gift cards, do not prepay any money, do not pay a third party agent, do not use a third party payment processor (ie. Moneygram, Western Union), and do not upgrade to a business account for an exorbitant fee (it’s free to upgrade) in order to receive payments.
And will never ask you to provide tracking via email before receiving a payment.
If someone REALLY paid, you’ll see a record of payment in your PayPal account fairly instant, even if your payment is subject to 21 day PayPal hold.
Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Haven't Found your Answer?
It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.
- Unfortunate Outcome: Case Settled in Favor of Scammer/Buyer - Seeking Support and Advice in Security and Fraud Archives
- Cancel pending payment in Security and Fraud Archives
- How do I apply for monthly payment option in Products & Services Archives
- My digital products business received an email from paypal saying it's a pyramid scheme! in Security and Fraud Archives
- I think I might have been scammed. Next course of action? in Security and Fraud Archives