Account limitation without any reason

Rehan6
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I created my paypal account on 21 January,2022 and I received my payment on 22 January, 2022. First my payment was on hold and i was asked for proofs which i provided. I also asked my client to send a email to paypal support confirming my payment is legit which he did send. Today I received an email that my account is permanently banned and i have to wait 180 days for withdrawing my payments. I just want to know what i did wrong which resulted in permanent ban? How can I contact support?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jmarc_38
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

hello @Rehan6 , a permanently restricted account, and blocking of funds, is not a decision taken lightly by paypal.
likewise , paypal does not go back on this decision .
good luck !

on paypal:

- at the bottom of the Help And Contact page

then at the bottom of the page that opens "contact us" (on the right) and finally, still at the bottom right: "call us"

(you will have an authentication code and a phone number)

if you are having trouble reaching paypal, you can do so on twitter and facebook.

paypal is present on both. all you have to do is "send a private message"

( https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter. )

Login to Me Too

keithfuch
Contributor
Contributor

I had very similar circumstances and could never get any resolution. I did call but got a call center agent who couldn't tell me anything other than the pre-approved script responses which were to the effect of just repeating it was permanently locked but never told me specifically what for. 

If as the other poster suggest that PayPal doesn't take this kind of decision lightly they should at least be able to show me EXACTLY what caused this to happen and let me appeal it. 

I am here much later looking again to just delete my data because its still showing up on web searches for my name, but PayPal wont let me let me do that either.  searched for any help relevant to that effect here and saw your post. I can only offer my story and the unhappy news you are probably forever banished to a digital limbo that somehow an algorithm decided you should be with no explanation like I am. 

FWIW I use Venmo now.  

Login to Me Too

keithfuch
Contributor
Contributor

after writing my post above I started to browse the security and fraud forum linked at the PayPal Help Community and even on the first page saw several posts asking basically the same question and one mega thread with 99 pages of people asking the same question. 

whatever algorithm PayPal uses is broken. 

the resolution system is broken. 

any of the official agents who answer this question have no real power to do anything, only repeat the scripted response without having any actual insight into any of these particular cases. 

sorry, we are all pretty much hung out to dry

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.