html smart buttons not working after inserting sandbox client id on <script src=sdk ...

hispandres
Contributor
Contributor

html smart buttons not working after inserting sandbox client id on <script src=sdk ...

I set up smart buttons on my site, and tested it out. After realizing I'm not receiving any payments I found the integration guide where I was able to get my 

client ID on sandbox. Once I got it I inserted it in my <script src > tag, now not only am I not getting the payment but the buttons are not launching the form now. I need help making these smart buttons work. Can some one please look at my code?

<html>

<head>
<title>Payment</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen and (min-width: 0px)" href="small.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen and (min-width: 1000px)" href="medium.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" media="screen and (min-width: 1400px)" href="large.css">

<meta charset="utf-8">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.4.1/css/bootstrap.min.css">
<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.6.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script src="https://maxcdn.bootstrapcdn.com/bootstrap/3.4.1/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>

<style type="text/css">

input[type=number]::-webkit-inner-spin-button,
input[type=number]::-webkit-outer-spin-button {
-webkit-appearance: none;
-moz-appearance: none;
appearance: none;
}

</style>

</head>

<body>

<div id="responsive-block">

<p style="text-align: center; font-size: 20px;">Put your name here:</p>

<div id="smart-button-container">
<div style="text-align: center"><label for="description"> </label><input type="text" name="descriptionInput" id="description" maxlength="127" value=""></div>
<p id="descriptionError" style="visibility: hidden; color:red; text-align: center;">Please enter a description</p>
<div style="text-align: center"><label for="amount"> </label><input name="amountInput" type="number" id="amount" value="" ><span> USD</span></div>
<p id="priceLabelError" style="visibility: hidden; color:red; text-align: center;">Please enter a price</p>
<div id="invoiceidDiv" style="text-align: center; display: none;"><label for="invoiceid"> </label><input name="invoiceid" maxlength="127" type="text" id="invoiceid" value="" ></div>
<p id="invoiceidError" style="visibility: hidden; color:red; text-align: center;">Please enter an Invoice ID</p>
<div style="text-align: center; margin-top: 0.625rem;" id="paypal-button-container"></div>
</div>

</div>

<script src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=Af1IlBFvduDHptOzJQMuEdNGwcepCLLUlF6I8w9dhVkZnAZByo5eJ0RRVfge..." data-sdk-integration-source="button-factory"></script>
<script>
function initPayPalButton() {
var description = document.querySelector('#smart-button-container #description');
var amount = document.querySelector('#smart-button-container #amount');
var descriptionError = document.querySelector('#smart-button-container #descriptionError');
var priceError = document.querySelector('#smart-button-container #priceLabelError');
var invoiceid = document.querySelector('#smart-button-container #invoiceid');
var invoiceidError = document.querySelector('#smart-button-container #invoiceidError');
var invoiceidDiv = document.querySelector('#smart-button-container #invoiceidDiv');

var elArr = [description, amount];

if (invoiceidDiv.firstChild.innerHTML.length > 1) {
invoiceidDiv.style.display = "block";
}

var purchase_units = [];
purchase_units[0] = {};
purchase_units[0].amount = {};

function validate(event) {
return event.value.length > 0;
}

paypal.Buttons({
style: {
color: 'gold',
shape: 'rect',
label: 'paypal',
layout: 'vertical',

},

onInit: function (data, actions) {
actions.disable();

if(invoiceidDiv.style.display === "block") {
elArr.push(invoiceid);
}

elArr.forEach(function (item) {
item.addEventListener('keyup', function (event) {
var result = elArr.every(validate);
if (result) {
actions.enable();
} else {
actions.disable();
}
});
});
},

onClick: function () {
if (description.value.length < 1) {
descriptionError.style.visibility = "visible";
} else {
descriptionError.style.visibility = "hidden";
}

if (amount.value.length < 1) {
priceError.style.visibility = "visible";
} else {
priceError.style.visibility = "hidden";
}

if (invoiceid.value.length < 1 && invoiceidDiv.style.display === "block") {
invoiceidError.style.visibility = "visible";
} else {
invoiceidError.style.visibility = "hidden";
}

purchase_units[0].description = description.value;
purchase_units[0].amount.value = amount.value;

if(invoiceid.value !== '') {
purchase_units[0].invoice_id = invoiceid.value;
}
},

createOrder: function (data, actions) {
return actions.order.create({
purchase_units: purchase_units,
});
},

onApprove: function (data, actions) {
return actions.order.capture().then(function (orderData) {

// Full available details
console.log('Capture result', orderData, JSON.stringify(orderData, null, 2));

// Show a success message within this page, e.g.
const element = document.getElementById('paypal-button-container');
element.innerHTML = '';
element.innerHTML = '<h3>Thank you for your payment!</h3>';

// Or go to another URL: actions.redirect('thank_you.html');

});
},

onError: function (err) {
console.log(err);
}
}).render('#paypal-button-container');
}
initPayPalButton();
</script>

</body>

</html>

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The "client_id" in your code example doesn't look correct, there are three dots at the end of the id.

client-id=Af1IlBFvduDHptOzJQMuEdNGwcepCLLUlF6I8w9dhVkZnAZByo5eJ0RRVfge...

Check the "client_id" again and copy / paste the correct value into your button code, save the change and test.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

hispandres
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, it actually looks like that because that's how it gets formatted when I post the question I made a live app and copied the client id which is this:

AYoikNQng4Q5wQ_lQLlTofrvwY8OHlDOH51vj9pgdwGSw_TFw-lBoK4Pj9VQSvkkj6g-soXlIYXWF6Kx

and it's still not working it's like as soon as I replace the "sb" with the client id the buttons stop working and I made sure that my account has a card and bank confirmed still not getting any payments. I'm getting so tired of it, I need this payment page working Asap.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Checked the "client_id" you shared and this looks valid, but when attempting to use it within some code, the button is closing as soon as it's pressed.

Checked the account associated with the "client_id" and it currently has an active limitation and this is why the button is not working, as the account is unable to receive payments.

Login to your account and resolve the account limitation and once resolved, re-attempt using the button and it should work fine.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-paypal-account-limited-faq1758

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.