Testing Pending Payments

mattbrailsford
New Community Member

I'm trying to test a PayPal integration specifically around payments that are pending. I've successfully set everything up and configured the test business account to require payments to be reviewed and indeed the test payments are set to pending. But, I also need to test them as the move out of pending and become captured but for the life of me I can't find a way to manually move them out of pending.

I've added tracking info to the orders and I've tried logging into the test personal account to see if I can mark the order as "received" but there is no option anywhere to do that and so the only other option appears to be to wait 24 hours for the funds to clear. 

Is there no other way to test payments leaving the pending state?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MTS_Jennifer

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.

If you are negative testing and the payments are under payment review, a PayPal employee needs to move them out of payment review for you.

If you provide me the merchant id for your sandbox account that has the payments in payment review, I will manually move them to completed for you.

If they are pending because they are authorizations and need to be captured, then you can capture them via API call or manually within your Sandbox Account.

If you need to capture authorizations, here are the steps:

1. Login to your account at sandbox.paypal.com
  2. Click Activity and locate the authorization in your lists of transactions.
  3. Click Capture under Order status/Actions.
  4. Enter the amount you want to capture and click Continue.
  5. Review the details and click Capture Funds.

If the capture is successful, the money should immediately appear in your PayPal account.

Thank you,

Jennifer

PayPal

Login to Me Too

Selvanind
Contributor
Contributor

I'm facing the same problem. I'm following setup->capture flow. I have 3 orders stuck in payment review status. My merchant id is

FAZS7PCGDCMX2.

Could you please approve the payments in sandbox. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.