Suddenly unable to capture order in sandbox testing?!?

salartdesigns
Contributor
Contributor

What does this mean? It was working fine last night before I went to bed and now I'm getting these errors. I've already tried logging out and back in, that didn't work. I tried copying and pasting the code from here https://developer.paypal.com/demo/checkout/#/pattern/client (which I noticed doesn't include credentials) and still get these errors. Someone please help?!?

I opened inspector windows for both the paypal popup (on the left in the image) and my sales page (on the right) and it also seems stuck in and endless processing screen now too which it doesn't always do.

paypal.Buttons({
        //configure environment
        env: 'sandbox',
        client: {
            samdbox: '[MY_SANDBOX_ID]',
            production: 'demo_production_client_id'
        },
        // Customize button (optional)
        locale: 'en_us',
        style: {
            size: 'small',
            color: 'gold',
            shape: 'pill'
        },
        createOrder: function(data, actions) {
            return actions.order.create({
                purchase_units: [{
                    amount: {
                        value: parseFloat(total).toFixed(2),//I defined this elsewhere in my code to capture the total from the transaction instead of '0.01'
                        currency: 'USD'
                    }
                }]
            });
        },
        onApprove: function(data, actions) {
            return actions.order.capture().then(function(details) {
                alert("Paid!");
            });
        }
    }).render('#paypal-button-container');

wtf-errors.png 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

salartdesigns
Contributor
Contributor

It's back to normal now. I guess this just happens with sanbox accounts sometimes? Kind of sucks because I was unable to finish my work yesterday and didn't even get a chance to get back to it until now, a whole day later. Some notice would have been nice!

Also, how come their tech support was completely clueless and unable to help? The person in chat didn't seem to know anything about tech support and instead just gave me a link elsewhere, where I learned that Paypal was already aware of this issue. Don't you think the first people who should know about this would be the tech support staff?

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hello,

"The person in chat didn't seem to know anything about tech support and instead just gave me a link elsewhere"

It sounds like you spoke to someone in our customer service team and they wouldn't be technically astute to the level where they could deal with a query such as this one.

Happy to hear it's working for you again.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!
Login to Me Too

salartdesigns
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, although this is kind of unrelated to my original post it seems no matter what I do when trying to contact tech support I always get connected with people who don't know a thing about tech support. In this particular instance there doesn't seem to have been a reason why even the "customer service" agent I spoke to couldn't answer my question anyway. The link provided answered it (turns out some system was down for maintenance which seems like something they should have known already seeing as how they clearly had access to that information). Why is it so hard to get in touch with an actual tech support agent? Even when I specify that that is what I'm trying to do I'm either connected to someone who doesn't know how to help or they end up forwarding me to someone else who also has no idea how to help. I've tried this multiple times and pretty much every time I seem to get connected to the wrong person. One agent who claimed to be a tech support agent seemed convinced I was trying to reach customer service when I was already quite clear that I needed help building a payment gateway for a friends website. In two other instances I was told that I'd be forwarded to someone on to someone who was on the tech support team (I forget what the agent called it, it's in my messages somewhere) and instead I was connected to someone who not only was not on that team (and admitted it) but seemed absolutely determined not to help at all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.