Sandbox unavailable

rmillet
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Since at least the 07 september, we get the message "We were not able to process your request. Please try again later." on the sandbox when trying to perform a payment with an encrypted button.

The page https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr returns an HTTP 504 Gateway timeout error.

PayPal-Debug-Id: 491fec5989fe6

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin

Hi @rmillet

I tested your code and it worked on my first attempt, which you can confirm by reviewing the payment which I sent to your account.

The only thing I can imagine may be causing your "504" issue, is either a bad DNS entry for "www.sandbox.paypal.com" or a firewall blocking the access attempt.

"www.sandbox.paypal.com" currently resolves to IP "173.0.82.77", so if you attempt to resolve "www.sandbox.paypal.com" to an IP address, that is what should be returned.  You should also be allowing all outbound access in your firewall to "173.0.82.77".

Sandbox IP's are listed at the following resouce : https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1157&expand=true&locale=en_US

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MTS_Justin

hi @rmillet

I need to see the encrypted code that your using.

Please post a reply and provide the code so that I can test it.

Login to Me Too

rmillet
Contributor
Contributor

How can I post the html code? The forum give me the error:

"The message body contains <part of the encrypted value stripped>, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post."

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin

Hi @rmillet

Sorry, didn't realize the forum would remove it.

You can try pasting it here and then post me the link

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin

Hi @rmillet

I tested your code and it worked on my first attempt, which you can confirm by reviewing the payment which I sent to your account.

The only thing I can imagine may be causing your "504" issue, is either a bad DNS entry for "www.sandbox.paypal.com" or a firewall blocking the access attempt.

"www.sandbox.paypal.com" currently resolves to IP "173.0.82.77", so if you attempt to resolve "www.sandbox.paypal.com" to an IP address, that is what should be returned.  You should also be allowing all outbound access in your firewall to "173.0.82.77".

Sandbox IP's are listed at the following resouce : https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1157&expand=true&locale=en_US

Login to Me Too

rmillet
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @MTS_Justin,

It works again on my side too. I don't think it was a firewall or DNS issue on my side because the 504 error was returned by the server www.sandbox.paypal.com, so the server could be joined from me and the SSL certificate was valid, so it was a paypal server.

I don't know the paypal architecture, but it looks like it was one of your servers which can't contact another one.

But, as it is fixed, it is good for me.

Thank you for your time.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Justin
Hi @rmillet

Thanks for the update and great to hear your no longer experiencing the issue

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.