Sandbox account status says "error"

Laura20181
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having trouble getting my sandbox account to work. The business type says status is "error," while the personal one says "complete." I can't delete these two accounts -- it's greyed out, and won't let me delete. I read somewhere that one cannot delete the initial facilitator account, so I understand that -- but how do I get the account to be "complete" and functional? I tried creating a new account -- doesn't work, I get a message that "something went wrong...."  I tried a test purchase on my site while in testing mode, and the checkout cart does not go to Paypal. Help?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The business account should now work as normal and also show as "complete" status

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Please share the 'merchant id' from your production account so I can lookup the associated sandbox accounts and fix the issue.

Please follow the steps below to retrieve the 'merchant id' for your account.

1. Login to your account

2. For premier accounts, click on "settings" (the gear icon showed on the account overview page) and on the following page, the left-hand side of the page will show a section called "account options" and within that section you will see "Merchant ID".

3. For business accounts, click on "settings", (the gear icon showed on the account overview page) and then "profile and settings" and on the following page near the bottom of the page you will see "Merchant account ID".

Login to Me Too

Laura20181
Contributor
Contributor

Merchant ID is LEWK5N9AQR7B8.

thanks in advance!

Laura K.

@MTS_Justin wrote:
Hello,

Please share the 'merchant id' from your production account so I can lookup the associated sandbox accounts and fix the issue.

Please follow the steps below to retrieve the 'merchant id' for your account.

1. Login to your account

2. For premier accounts, click on "settings" (the gear icon showed on the account overview page) and on the following page, the left-hand side of the page will show a section called "account options" and within that section you will see "Merchant ID".

3. For business accounts, click on "settings", (the gear icon showed on the account overview page) and then "profile and settings" and on the following page near the bottom of the page you will see "Merchant account ID".

Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

The business account should now work as normal and also show as "complete" status

Login to Me Too

FP_Manager
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem too, how can I fix it?

My ID is 3YGUZ56BQ9HK2.

Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too

Dr-Funmi
New Community Member

I am having a similar error on my account.

My ID is EJZFHHS85KV9Q

Login to Me Too

ammco
Contributor
Contributor

same problem here 

Merchant account ID
JYWXLKDXC9XYG

help pls
Login to Me Too

interviewcoach
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. Urgently need help, thanks!

Merchant ID: PGHV9JRQYFZSS

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.