Paypal dont send webhook PAYMENT.CAPTURE.COMPLETED

pitos-rio
Contributor
Contributor

Platform : PayPal Sandbox (Sandbox Environment)
Issues : Dont send webhook PAYMENT.CAPTURE.COMPLETED

I have problem with Paypal Rest Webhook. Paypal dont send hook: PAYMENT.CAPTURE.COMPLETED

1. I create order, all process in javascript works fine.
2. I received webhook: CHECKOUT.ORDER.APPROVED
3. I captured the order

4. Money is in the seller account (+$50.00)
5. Everything works fine, but I didn't receive the most important webhook: PAYMENT.CAPTURE.COMPLETED
There is no event in https://developer.paypal.com/dashboard/webhooks/sandbox, There is no event in rest api endpoint /v1/notifications/webhooks-events

it's not that I setup my webhook server wrong, it's just that paypal doesn't create event  PAYMENT.CAPTURE.COMPLETED at all

This issue is the same for subscriptions, paypal do not send webhook PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED

Paypal sends only those types of hooks:
Billing subscription activated
Checkout order approved

I have setup webhook for all event types

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

pitos-rio
Contributor
Contributor

This issue have been resolved with paypal-support case id: 12582303

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

MTS_Jennifer

Hello @pitos-rio,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal Sandbox Community.

I was able to replicate the exact same behavior with my own Sandbox Account and Rest API testing. I know I have subscribed to all of my webhooks, and am processing my Orders API correctly. I am not receiving PAYMENT.CAPTURE.COMPLETED webhooks as well. The PayPal Product Developers are currently looking into this issue and will be working on resolving it. Once they have coded a fix for this issue, we will reach out.

Thank you,

Jennifer

MTS

PayPal

Login to Me Too

kktv
New Community Member

I've encountered a similar issue and currently unable to replicate it in the sandbox environment. I'm using REST API V2 to create orders, and everything seems fine. After completing user authorization and capturing the order, my server should receive a webhook event "Payment capture completed." However, upon checking my server, I haven't received it, and there is no record in PayPal's webhook event log. When attempting to create a new order, I received a 500 error "INTERNAL_SERVICE_ERROR" during the order creation request.

I checked the documentation, but there's no detailed explanation for this issue. After waiting for some time, I created a new order again, and everything worked as expected. After successfully capturing the order, I received the "Payment capture completed" callback event. The missing callback events from before are now visible on PayPal as well.

Can you confirm if this is an issue on PayPal's end? I'm concerned about whether my production environment might face the same problem. Should I wait for the callback event to trigger before updating my order status, or should I update it after capturing the order? I'm worried that callbacks may not be immediate, causing potential delays and user dissatisfaction, possibly leading to complaints.

Login to Me Too

pitos-rio
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so we have to wait for resolve this. By the way paypal do not have e2e tests for automatically detecting that issues? Sorry but PAYMENT.CAPTURE.COMPLETED and PAYMENT.SALE.COMPLETED are the most important events in your service. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

pitos-rio
Contributor
Contributor

This issue have been resolved with paypal-support case id: 12582303

Login to Me Too

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @pitos-rio,

Yes, our internal team have fixed the issue.

Please perform a test and you should able to receive the webhook.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

dev1024

Hi,

Were you able to solve this because im having the same problem.

I have a paypal BUY button on my wordpress site using a plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ecommerce-paypal/

When the person buys with that button, i want to get a notification on my website with the buyers email and the amount using IPN, but i never receive it.

To receive the IPN notification in using another plugin:

https://www.angelleye.com/product/paypal-webhooks-for-wordpress/

When i use the webhook simulator it works, but when someone actually uses the buy button i get no events, however the money shows in my paypal account, even though i turn on all the IPN events.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Login to Me Too

ct_4444
Contributor
Contributor

Can you share how you/they resolved this because I have the same issue. Thanks!

Login to Me Too

obbien
Contributor
Contributor

hi paypal team i have same issue with INVOICING.INVOICE.PAID

paypal not send any request to my callback url for confirm transaction.

i tested multiple times. i found that my callback codes is correct and i also checked it with postman app there is no error.

also i added code at the begin of codes, middle of codes, and after paid for create log. after i use postman this log created. but after i test wit real transaction, it seems paypal not send any request to my callback url . and log not created for test.

please test yourself paypal invoicing validation with webhook. i 99% sure this problem is from paypal website.

i also tested with other domain as callback . also i recreate application in developer console with new secret id and secret key and new webhook domain.

all not work.

paypal not send webhook request in my callback url after customer paid invoice.

this worked for me until 4 days ago, suddenly stopped by paypal.

Login to Me Too

pitos-rio
Contributor
Contributor

Go to https://www.paypal-support.com/s/contactsupport

and create a new support ticket. That way is the fastest, In paypal-community you can wait for reply couple days.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.