Egyptian business cannot receive money

amagdy
Contributor
Contributor

I have an Egyptian business account and trying to create a subscription button on a website. I'm still in the testing phase and created few accounts on the sandbox environment to test the functionality of the button. Here is my problem: no matter how many times I try, the payment process is not never completed either with a test credit card nor with a sandbox paypal account. The checkout process never gets to the page where the user is supposed to choose the payment method. Instead, I get an error message saying that the payment couldn't be completed and I should go back to the merchant site.

What's interesting is the checkout process works perfectly well if the seller sandbox account is a US account.

So my question is: aren't Egyptian businesses allowed to receive money at all? I'd appreciate a prompt feedback.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Both of your accounts are now enabled for sweeping to the attached bank account.

Let me know of any further issues.

Thanks !

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Egyptian accounts are not allowed hold an open balance, which means any funds which are received into the account cannot stay in the account balance and instead need to be withdrawn to an attached funding source as soon as they're received.

Within our production environment, this occurs automatically , but within our sandbox environment the change needs to be made manually. I can make this change for you if you want, I just need the merchant id from your business sandbox accounts.

Instructions on how to retrieve the merchant id can be found within the post "how to report a sandbox" issue, which is pinned to the top of the forum.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

amagdy
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, @MTS_Justin, for your reply. I was to confirm this by testing in the production environment. Well, of this "change" is something I could do, then please do share it here with me and everybody else who stumples upon this post. Otherwise, I'd appreciate your help doing it for me. I have two EG accounts with these Ids: GR8SU3YZSYV82 EDPRDKTWARR86 Thanks.
Login to Me Too
Solved

MTS_Justin
Hello,

Both of your accounts are now enabled for sweeping to the attached bank account.

Let me know of any further issues.

Thanks !

Login to Me Too

amagdy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Justin. It's working perfectly now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.