Pay pal statement does not match bank statement for linked credit card.

tammyn
New Community Member

My bank statement has numerous paypal charges for May & June of this year. I suspect cc fraud, so cancelled debit card linked to this account yesterday. I went to my paypal statements to compare purchases & it says that I have no purchases or charges for this time frame. Please advise.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tammyn 

If none of those transactions showed up in your PayPal account activity, I suspect that the card info was compromised somehow possibly independent of your PayPal account. Report those transactions to the bank and they will investigate. The card info have been used at a merchant that uses PayPal to process their card payments, or through PayPal Guest checkout online which doesn't record the transaction to a PayPal account but "PayPal" and merchant name would show up in the transaction item description in your bank activity.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tammyn 

If none of those transactions showed up in your PayPal account activity, I suspect that the card info was compromised somehow possibly independent of your PayPal account. Report those transactions to the bank and they will investigate. The card info have been used at a merchant that uses PayPal to process their card payments, or through PayPal Guest checkout online which doesn't record the transaction to a PayPal account but "PayPal" and merchant name would show up in the transaction item description in your bank activity.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.