Old transaction now showing

warriorsq11
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, looking for a clue to help my girlfriend who uses PayPal as I don't. She sold some charity calendars a couple of years ago and local people payed her through PayPal,friends and family. At the time the transactions definitely showed on her PayPal account. She has the exact days people payed written in a book. Now about 18 months later she's gone into PayPal and none of the charity calendar payments are showing but payments around the same time for her business are still showing
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@warriorsq11 

ok, sorry, get you now, that's well weird then as all transactions should show in her activity.

Has she gone to activity in her paypal account via the icon next to log out > then click on the little downward arrow to the right and selected a custom view after inputting the dates involved?

If still no joy then her best bet is to get hold of customer services to check?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@warriorsq11 

Firstly she is lucky to not have been permanently banned as its against paypal rules to use the friends/family option for selling goods or services.

However as for the funds then tell her to check any buying transactions around that time as her balance may have been used to fund those purchases instead of her normal funding source of a bank or a card.

Any further information I can't give you as you have not said which country you are in and have not added it to your community profile. Neither have you said which account 'type' she has.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

warriorsq11
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass Thanks for the reply. The calendars she sold where 100% for charity and no profit was made, in fact we spent money driving around delivering them. She didn't want PayPal taking a cut as it was for a local hospice. We're in the UK and at the time people who payed her through PayPal for the calenders all showed up and she received the money. The issue is, it's now a 18 months later and all those calender payments aren't showing on her account.. ie Susan payed £10 for a calendar on the 19th Nov 2021 and it showed up in her transactions, now there's no record of it or any of them but they did show at the time 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@warriorsq11 

I guess you only read half of my above post. If you read it all you will see that I told you to check any buying transactions around that time and see if the 'balance' was used ie her buyers payments and not her usual funding source as paypal often uses the balance first if there is one.

Secondly does not matter if she was doing it for charity or not, its against  paypal rules to use the friends/family payment option for anything but 'gift' payments. If she was selling something regardless of whether it was for charity or not she should not have used that option.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

warriorsq11
Contributor
Contributor
I don't think you understand my post, the money/balance isn't the issue, that was all given to the charity. It's the fact that there's no record of anyone paying money in for calendars at all. I understand if she'd bought something it would use funds that she has in PayPal rather than need add extra funds, but as far as PayPal is concerned there's no record of anyone buying calendars at all. Surely it'd still show the transactions? But they've now disappeared on her PayPal statement but all other transactions are still showing normally. It's like PayPal let her draw money out she never received to start with
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@warriorsq11 

ok, sorry, get you now, that's well weird then as all transactions should show in her activity.

Has she gone to activity in her paypal account via the icon next to log out > then click on the little downward arrow to the right and selected a custom view after inputting the dates involved?

If still no joy then her best bet is to get hold of customer services to check?

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

warriorsq11
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass... Yeah it's very strange. She did search for the period when people paid around Nov/Dec 2021 and all transactions are showing, but no calendar related ones at all, but they definitely did show at the time. She also wrote every transaction in a book as well and so knows who paid via PayPal and still has screen shots from people showing they paid her as well. Yeah she said she'd contact customer services now... Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.