Need help with tax information

mfre27
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm Maria, I don't live in USA, I don't work in USA, I don't sell things to people in USA, I just have this paypal set in USA because I used to travel a lot to USA and I have a bank account overthere and I transfer the money I collect through paypal (from consulting service to Latinamerican entrepenaurs) to my USA bank account.

What do I have to do over this tax payer thing? I'm so lost on this issue. HELP PLEASE!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mfre27

If you collect funds for consulting so you are selling a service. If you are not a U.S. citizen or U.S. entity, you’ll be asked to certify that you’re not subject to U.S. income tax in their online form. When you need to confirm your U.S. taxpayer status, PayPal will let you know by email and by notifications that you’ll see when you log in to your PayPal account. Click the link provided in the email or in the notification and enter the requested information.

If PayPal is asking for taxpayer info, they would ask specifically what info and/or documents they need. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mfre27
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to resolve the problem with your solution but when I clicked in the mail or notification I got this: Cannot GET /policy/compliance/IRS_1099_K/policyId/

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.