quicken error ol-221-a

swieder711
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone get Paypal transactions to download into Quicken?  I am on the latest release of Quicken and get error code OL-221-A everytime.  This has been happening for the last 2 weeks.

I have tried disconnecting/reconnecting my PayPal account from Quicken, but that did not stop the error.

Any suggestions?  Is this working for anyone?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

misterbill99
Contributor
Contributor

Yes -- this is exactly it, a payment from a Chinese company! And I thought maybe it is a Quicken problem since I also use something else (Personal Capital, which uses Yodlee) that downloads from Paypal. But I just checked and that has also had problems downloading from Paypal. So now I think it is a PP error. I can open a ticket with PC and they are responsive so maybe I will try that. They will report to Yodlee who may be able to talk to PP about it.

Login to Me Too

Not_Fred
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response. But if that is true, then 1, Quicken tech support should have seen evidence of that in the log files, AND 2, PayPal should have fixed it by now.

One of the PayPal techs I chatted with had never heard of Quicken, had no idea what it was. Are they just pulling people off the street to do that job?

Login to Me Too

misterbill99
Contributor
Contributor

So I decided to try connecting my Paypal account to Mint, since I figured maybe the PP tech would have heard of them. But that worked just fine and it got all of the current transactions, including the Chinese payment. So either it actually is a Quicken issue, or they're using a different interface, or it's a problem when getting incremental data.

Login to Me Too

Rebop2020
Contributor
Contributor

There are several more possibilities:

1. Paypal has not changed.
  2. Quicken did change the format they require to download data. Paypal did not update to this.
  3. There is a middle man called Intuit that gathers the info from Paypal and others, then sends to Quicken. The issue could be there in their files (my guess)

Quicken is well aware of the issue, has files to check, has escalated several times. They will have to fix this if Paypal does not update their file format which seems very unlikely. Paypal support has no understanding of this at all.

Their is also another Paypal/Quicken error: CC-508 where a "popup" on Paypal is supposed to need attention before download can occur. Quicken is also aware of this. Users can not find a pop-up to dismiss.

My advice, sit tight. It has been weeks now, but it is being worked on. Too slow for my taste. But in progress. There are several thread (including mine) on the Quicken Community if you want to watch there.

~Bob

Login to Me Too

misterbill99
Contributor
Contributor

Is there an open discussion on the Quicken support site? Are they aware that multiple people have the problem?

Login to Me Too

Rebop2020
Contributor
Contributor

Read the previous message....

Login to Me Too

Not_Fred
Contributor
Contributor

I got transferred to another PayPal tech (four over a 3.5 hour chat!) who also had never heard of Quicken. How does anyone working in the personal finance industry not know about Quicken? It's no wonder they could not solve the problem.

I asked them to pass this on to their developers (after all, I'm not the only one with the problem). Apparently they have no ability to do that. Useless!

Several times over the years, I have considered keeping a moderately-large amount of money in PayPal. The reason I didn't is because of frequent problems I've experienced and heard of from others. I keep my PayPal activity to a minimum, and will try to reduce it even further.

Login to Me Too

ghcolley
Contributor
Contributor

This may have already been posted here, but there is a long-term and detailed discussion going on on the Quicken side of things, which can be accessed here https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874269/paypal-transaction-not-downloading

Login to Me Too

misterbill99
Contributor
Contributor

I'm surprised to read that this is still a problem for people. It's fixed for me, I no longer get an error downloading from Paypal (and it did download my Chinese transactions).

Now, I still have a problem with Personal Capital, which I think uses Mint, so now I need to report it to them. Will point them and this thread and the one at quicken.com.

Login to Me Too

Rebop2020
Contributor
Contributor

When did it start working for you and did you have to do anything such as reset account for it to start working again?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.