how do I get a document from bitcoin transactions?

Palmartinez
Contributor
Contributor

I bought $200 in Bitcoins last year a month later I sold it for less but at the time I received a message saying that I have to report that to the IRS now that is Tax season I can't find any information about does transactions that I did last year, I already went to STATEMENT AND TAXES but there is no crypto taxes info..

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Palmartinez

Welcome! Thank you for joining the PayPal Community. I'm sorry to hear there's some confusion reporting your Bitcoin transactions on your taxes. Once it's generated, you should find a document titled "Gains and losses statement" in the Tax Documents page on your PayPal account. That should have all the information you need when completing your tax return. The 1099 forms are normally available on or around January 31, but the Gains / Losses doc is normally made available on or around February 15. 

I Hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.