Why is paypal engaging in censorship?

dboylon
Contributor
Contributor

I see we are not allowed to dontate to Joe Lauria's Consortium news because they are doing investigative journalism and not parroting US federal government talking points. Are we really going full Orwell here paypal?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dboylon 

Check by mail still works.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

dboylon
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends if the banks are forced to do the government's bidding too. It appears there was an attempt to do this in Canada during the truckers protest. Trudeau seems to have gotten cold feet or told to stop because they backed away from it. I was listening to a podcast by Scott Horton who is terrified he is going to be taken off paypal too. 

This seems to be a new strategy of the authoritarians in our midst. To force compliance to a desired narrative for propaganda purposes. I listened to an interview with Anthony Torba who started Gab. He seems to have faced the full force of this type of effort. Including having 3 bank accounts closed and assets frozen. He seems to at least temporarily have come up with work arounds.  Not an endorsement of his site. I just found the interview interesting. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.