unclaimed payment

fletchbett
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to cancel an unclaimed payment I made earlier today, I have tried numerous times and paypal states an error has occurred everytime I try. My question is how can I successfully cancel this payment. The person I'm trying to pay has changed there email address and has not updated with there new email address.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

PayPal_paula

Hi retro58, 

As per my recent post we are aware of some issues with cancelling unclaimed payments. 

Our technical team is currently working on this and we should have an update for you soon. 

I will post once I hear anything

Paula 

Login to Me Too

retro58
Contributor
Contributor

seems that soon as you get to the point of  cancel = confirm payment canceletion = sorry error occured after you clicked last link = no email confirmation of cancellation, i have been trying to cancel since 21st may nearly a week and paypal knows there is a problem ? i'll give them till the end of this week.................................thanks for info paula

Login to Me Too

retro58
Contributor
Contributor

This is driving me nuts am trying to cancel a transaction after paying for a purchase from ebay, seller decided last minute wanted my bank details over the phone i declined,  now i have £64 unclaimed and no matter how many times i try to cancel it's having none of it error comes up seems everyone is having this problem and yet they are not addressing it, does this mean i have to wait 30 days for automatic cancel.........................I can feel a BBC watchdog moment coming if this ain't sorted soon..............

Login to Me Too

KCP

Still waiting to cancel a payment ( ebay seller changed email address ) - its been 1 week now and despite numerous calls to paypal - 1st call I was informed that the paypal team would cancel the payment on my behalf and it could take up to 2 hours ( I wish ) - then 2 days later I was informed that it would be resolved within 24 - 72 hours - still waiting !4 DAYS LATER 

PLEASE CAN i HAVE MY MONEY !!!!!!

Login to Me Too

joolzt28
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same problem, very frustrating.

Login to Me Too

carlos14
New Community Member

having the same problem its very anoying @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Login to Me Too

Chip370
New Community Member
Me too, why do I keep getting an error message when cancelling my payment, never had this problem before
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi carlos14, 

Have you been able to cancel your payment yet? . If not please let us know what error error message you are getting. 

Look forward to your response

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Poipoipoo
I'm having same problem. When trying to cancel payment it says sorry an error occurred after you clicked last link. I've tried over and over but every time getting same message and I need it cancelled ASAP. What do I try next?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Poipoipoo, 

If you are continuing to get this error please contact us directly so we can assist you further. We may be able to cancel it on your behalf. 

To contact us please click on the contact us link at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.