unclaimed payment

fletchbett
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to cancel an unclaimed payment I made earlier today, I have tried numerous times and paypal states an error has occurred everytime I try. My question is how can I successfully cancel this payment. The person I'm trying to pay has changed there email address and has not updated with there new email address.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Is there a cancel option next to the word unclaimed ?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fletchbett
Contributor
Contributor

Yes there is a cancel option, when I try to confirm cancel this is when it states an error has occurred.

Login to Me Too

4470961Kath
I am having the exact same problem......the buyer wants me to pay to a different email address but I can't cancel the original payment.....annoying!
Login to Me Too

wayleigh
New Community Member

when you cancel a payment due to it being unclaimed as payment  was sent to the wrong email address it can still take 3 - 5 days for it to be refunded back to your card, i had no spare money so had to wait until i had the funds returned before i could send the payment to the correct email address!!!!

Login to Me Too

tonk1973
New Community Member

getting the same problem here

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds like a site problem, clear your cache / history etc and try again and if not try again tomorrow.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Archibald
Contributor
Contributor
Same is happening to me. Have been trying to cancel every day since Thursday but the error message come up after Clicking on the cancel button. The seller has said they are trying to sort out the problem with paypal. I know they money will be returned if it is unclaimed after 30 days but I am a bit annoyed about it all as I really want the item I bid on and won!
Login to Me Too

fletchbett
Contributor
Contributor

Yes everytime I try to cancel it tells me an error has occurred. It is really annoying when there seems to be nothing I can do about the payment, I don't want to try and pay again as the same thing will probably happen then I have 2 unclaimed payments to deal with. I don't know how I can pay for the purchase so I am in limbo and so is the payment I have already made.

Login to Me Too

retro58
Contributor
Contributor

I can feel for ya cause all it seems is your going around and around in bloody circles, press this click that do this do that and it always seems that i end up from where i first started out from...............

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.