how to get refund on cancel transaction on ebay

zubairahmad
New Community Member

I've recently won an auction for an item and paid within in 30 minutes through PayPal. Here is my mistake i should get confirmation about product detail before any payment. After payment when i talk to seller, i found that phone i bought is blacklisted in UK and will not work. both seller and me agreed to cancel the transaction. I asked seller, will payment will be deduct from my account as we are canceling the transaction, she said no.i get relaxed. As this happened very first time, taht why i was not sure wha to do and beleived what seller said. But paypal transferred money from my account to seller even the transaction is already cancelled. i open a case in paypal but my case was not listed in available option. i selected "i did not receive an item"  which is fine because i did not received at item. I dont know about any detail that you should not accept cancellation if you have paid kind of thing. Now i have paid -  transaction is cancelled - i did not get product but paypal cancel my request.  i dont know what to do. i am contacting ebay, they are saying paypal asked them not to open case. paypal is not allowing to open case again. I am trying to contact seller but she is not responding. i dont know what to do? please help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Does it show as cancelled next to the transaction in your PayPal account? 

If not what does it say? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.