Refunds taking 4-5 Business days?

Candylandman
Contributor
Contributor

I seen a lot of topics about refunds taking 4-5 business days to process a refund and alot of people complaining about it taking so long. From what I read on prior posts Paypal seems to argue that it will take 3-5 days for it to go through.

Here is my question...

I have two  payments disputed that I won from  the same company that were made one minute apart from each other.  One was for 10$  and the other was for $50.  The company was supposed to respond by the 28th which they didn't and I won the dispute rightfully so because they basically tried to steal my money. After I recieved the emails that I would be refunded, within 24 hours I recieved $10 back on my card I used but not the $50.

I actually disputed the $50 dollars a few minutes before I disputed the 10$ one and yet in  24hrs I recieved my $10 back but not the $50. It's been 3 days now going on 4 days and I have yet to recieve a refund which got me curious.

Why would it take 24 hours to refund one payment of 10$ to my card and yet 4-5 days to refund $50 to the same card that was disputed after the first refund I recieved?

Why wouldn't the $60 be refunded within the same time frame all together instead of one time span of 24 hours and the other 4-5 days?

I called the card holder and they said it should of been refunded already and to ask paypal so I called paypal and all they could tell me is 3-5 bussiness days.

Can some explain the logic in this? It also seems like paypal decided that they could make more interest off holding the $50 longer then they could the $10 so they refunded the 10$ first and are holding the $50 for ransom just because.. Keep in mind the dispute for the $50 dollars was made before the $10 dispute but I recieved the $10 refund first.

I know it's not alot of money but it's more the principal than anything.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Candylandman

A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.

So if they only had $10 in their paypal balance that one would have gone through immediately.

But the other one would have had to have been funded from the sellers bank account and that takes 3-5 days to transfer to paypal > credited to you.

Bank transfers takes 3-5 days, the reason its quicker when you pay for something is that paypal CREDIT the seller and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account but they don't refund in advance so this time you take the wait.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Candylandman
Contributor
Contributor

Riot Games is a Billion dollar company, they have the funds trust me. Still doesn't answer my question, seems more like an avoidance of the question.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Candylandman

Well excuse me for giving up my own time to try and help you. I don't have to justify anything or avoid it, I don't even have to answer you.

I just posted when I read your thread before i went to work,  to try and explain how refunds normally work.

You did not say it was a big company but even so they may use a separate account for refunds funded from a bank account.

But whatever I am sorry I bothered to respond to you and try to help, certainly won't make that mistake again if you ever post another thread.

Goodbye

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.