Refund Request

Ripple
Contributor
Contributor

I have opened a dispute over a order that hasn't arrived from a company in the usa, l placed the order on the 4th Mrch, l am in the uk.

I emailed them 3 times before opening a dispute for a full refund.

The dispute says the seller has until today to respond and so far hasn't & l don't think they will now.

What happens next can you tell me please?

Will Easter delay the proceedings?

I appreciate we are still on the 6th so don't expect anything to happen for a few days yet but would like to know what & when is the next steps please?

Any advise would be appreicated.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ripple
Contributor
Contributor

I have had an email from pp saying the money has been refunded and to allow 5-7 days for it to show, so all sorted now but thanks for all you help and advice 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi ripple

Escalate the dispute as soon as u can if u dont ppal will close it and u cant re open it

It will be in ppals hands then who will decide the outcome, by not responding the sellers arent doing themselves any favours

Good Luck

Login to Me Too

Ripple
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for response i already have escalated it and today is the last chance for seller to respond to paypal but they haven't so i am trying to find out what the next steps are please before i get a full refund?

Login to Me Too

Ripple
Contributor
Contributor

This is the status of the Escalation at present:

The seller has been asked to respond by 6 Apr 2015. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Ok since its escalated they normally makea decision within 24 hrs but dont quote me on it

Sounds like u win to me(my opinion)

U will be sent an email once ppal make a decision and also one when the refund has been issued

Login to Me Too

Ripple
Contributor
Contributor

ok Thanks for help fingers crossed it won't take too much longer to finalise this issue

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

On their website says will try to make a decision within 30 days

Login to Me Too

Ripple
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i saw that and checking on here it seems they are not known to take more than a week in general situations so i am hoping it goes that way for me also

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Yes in my experience  too

Login to Me Too

Ripple
Contributor
Contributor

Fingers Crossed but if the dispute info hasn't changed in the morning i will drop paypal a line just to double check it is going to be refunded just in case as these things have cut off dates and its too much money to lose

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.