Refund Problem - Virtual Visa Account

jomellebautista
Contributor
Contributor

A transaction refund recently took place due to my mistake of using my Paymaya (Virtual Visa Account) for a Paypal Payment that was not linked to this Paypal Account during the transaction. An email was sent to me by Paypal saying that the company I transacted with already sent the refund - the problem is they sent the refund before I was able to add the Visa account (that I used during the transaction) to my Paypal account resulting to me not actually receiving the refund. What should I do about this matter? Is there anything I can do to get my money back? I can't seem to contact Paypal regarding this matter so any help from this community would be great. 

Note:

Paymaya is a Virtual Visa Account that has a function of a Visa Card but is actually an e-wallet that works by adding/loading funds to it.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi jomellebautista,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Due to banking regulations a refund of a payment must be sent to the card from which the payment originated. Even when it has been cancelled or has expired, the refund is returned to your card and will be handled by your card issuer. Most refunds will be visible for your card issuer within 2-5 business days; however it might take up to 30 business days for the refund to be fully processed by your card issuer. If the card issuer refuses the refund it will be returned to your PayPal Account and allocated to your account balance instead. This can take more than 30 days.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

zettemerla

me too same problem any refund? 

Login to Me Too

katsudon
Hey, can you update if you did get your refund after a few days? Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.