PayPal withholding refunds

Claire76
Contributor
Contributor
I am sick to the back teeth of pay pal and their deeply unethical refunds process. I have been met with a wall of lies and choosing to ignore pleas for an answer as to when they will refund my numerous refunds to my PayPal balance. I have now waited beyond 7 working days and still the refunds haven't cleared. I have never encountered such charlatans and practices tantamount to theft in all my life. A week before Christmas and I'm in financial hardship because PayPal have chosen to hold onto every single refund from multiple companies for more than 7 working days. PayPal have this money sitting in their own account accruing interest when I'm scraping about because I cannot access my money. I shall be rsidibg a complaint with the financial services ombudsman and trading standards. Try stonewalling them with feeble excuses as I have quite frankly had enough pay pal crap to ladt a lifetime.
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claire76

If its on temporary hold then read this  >>

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

If its showing as 'pending' then the below applies >>
A seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.
So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Claire76
Contributor
Contributor
ECheque is the only excuse I haven't been given yet, so assuming that that is not the issue with these refunds.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claire76

As i said when paypal RECEIVE the funds from your seller they will pass it on to you.

There is no excuses needed.....I don't need to give any as i have nothing to do with paypal.

When you PAY a seller it is never instant, paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then PAYPAL take the wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account or card......thats why we get confused buyers on here stating there item is on the way but the funds have not left their bank account yet !!

However paypal do not REFUND in advance so if the seller is funding their refund from their bank account then its YOU that has to take the wait this time for the funds to transfer from his bank account > paypal (echeque) and then you are credited your refund.

Try reading the links, there are only 2 reasons for a refund to be on temp hold or pending, not rocket science.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Claire76
Contributor
Contributor
Oooer, wh lit the fuse on your tampon Love? Wind yet diddly squat neck in. Never said you were anything to so wirh paypal. It was a general statement. Having no affiliation with PayPal who the hell are you to say when and if I'll get my refunds. Dont **bleep** down ma neck and tell me it's raining!! You don't know the history so shut it. Perhaps conduct yourself on a suitable manner.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claire76

I am not saying when you get your refund, i am explaining how it works and providing links that show you why you have to wait.

But i guess you didn't actually want that information, you just wanted someone to say, ''oh dear, naughty, naughty paypal holding your precious refund''

And i do know the 'history' as EVERYONES refund works the same way, again not rocket science, so sorry you have such a problem with such an easy process.

Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Claire76
Contributor
Contributor
Pray tell what the hell has hapoened to mine oh wise one. Read a few pay pal pro eases as they should work and now the font of all knowledge? I bow to the oh wise oracle!! I've read black beauty but don't claim to be able to ride a horse😂😂😂. Nugget
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claire76

All the info already posted, most folks say 'oh thanks for the info' and understand it.

If you can neither read or understand it then i am sorry for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Claire76
Contributor
Contributor
Oh where's my manners?? Oh yes of course thank you for being rude, argumentative, obnoxious and patronising. You've been thoroughly unhelpful. Proven to be as much use as a hedgehog in a condom factory. With the false sense of authority you've attained, have you considered a salaried role? I hear Mothercare are hiring bouncers. Youd be fantastic having already proven to possess the required considerable delusions of grandeur. Think from here on in you should be referred yo as 'Rent-a-Riot'. Seasons greetings dear friend. 🖕
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claire76

Reported, don't hurry back now    Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.