I've been sold counterfeit goods and PayPal won't help me.

HelpingOthers23
Contributor
Contributor

Dear community,

I have been sold counterfeit goods  by a seller on another site. I paid using PayPal.

After getting the item I noticed it was counerfeit, so I decided to contact the manufacturer and they have confirmed the item is counterfeit. I have written proof from the manufacturer that the item is counterfeit.

I opened a PayPal dispute and a couple of days later PayPal ask me to return the item. So I contacted the manufacturer so they could contact PayPal and they did.

I spoke to PayPal on the phone and they said I need to return the item, even though I have written proof that the item is ounterfeit. It even saus in PayPal policy "If you lose a Significantly Not as Described claim because the item you sold is counterfeit, you will be required to provide a full refund to the buyer and you will not receive the item back. (It will be destroyed.)"

I have written pproof that the item is counterfiet. I don't want to send the item back for many reasons which are listed below:

1. This will be vreaking Royal Mail and Parcel Force policies

2. The seller would jus sell it to another unseeing buyer.

3. The seller lives in China. sending it back would cost more than what the item cost to purchase.

PayPal are not helping me, what should I do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your correct and the paypal agent that told you to send it back is wrong.

Have you escalated the dispute to a claim yet??

If so then i would get back on to customer services / tell them its against the law to sell counterfeit goods and do they really want to assist a seller with this by asking you to send it back AGAINST THEIR OWN POLICY.

Hopefully you may get an agent that knows what he's talking about and if not ask to speak to a superviser.

************************************************

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HelpingOthers23
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response. I have escalated the case and I am having to struggle to get my refund. PayPal are not helping. I've already contacted Action Fraud and they insisted as well not to send the item back as it will be illegal. In addition, they also said any third party which insist to send counterfeit goods in the post is breaking the law.

What can I do now? Continue messaging them, all I get is "Please return the item", they avoid the item.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HelpingOthers23
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass,

Thanks for responding. I've contacted PayPal customer service today. However, the claim department was closed. I only have until the 16th July 2015 to try and solve this beasue after that the case will close.

kernowlass, I've already contacted PayPal by email and I'm waiting for a response. I will contact them tomorrow as well.

Sending the item back is wrong on many levels, not only just because it will be breaking the law. Also becasue the seller would just sell it to another buyer and the postage cost would cost more than what the item is worth

kernowlass, I've also given you some Kudos points 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.