Facebook Ireland payments

Rivonia2000
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can anyone shed any light on this.  I have had money transferred from my bank account to Facebook Ireland through paypal over the last 5 days and I haven't a clue who and what its for.   Help!!

Thanks

Login to Me Too
141 REPLIES 141

thododd
New Community Member

these theiving b*****ds got me with 4 $10 transactions 2 days ago (while i was asleep due to night work) fortunately paypal have reversed all the transactions within 24 hours, i was livid ..... but its rectified now. 

hopefully anyone else affected by these idiots has it sorted as quickly as i have, but facebook ireland ltd need to be stopped, NOW. this is byond a joke

Login to Me Too

danjdclark
New Community Member

I too have been the victim of these people. 

Paypal were of little or no help to me whatsoever. After asking them to investigate I was told that the payment did not fall outside my normal spending patern. 

I dont think I've ever sent £80 to an overseas company the week before Christmas before!

Well Thank you for all your help!

Login to Me Too

monisaint
Contributor
Contributor

Gits thieved £63.98 from my bank via Paypal last night for credits that I neither bought, received or would ever use anyway. Paypal are currently investigating, but to be honest I've now got absolutely no confidence in them or their so-called "security".

In the meantime, I immediately unlinked all cards/accounts and changed passwords on them to stop any more attempts to raid my account. My bank have also been instructed to refuse any future requests for cash from Paypal or Facebook Ireland Ltd

If a payment can be made without authorisation by the account owner, that is neither safe nor secure and having searched the net seems to be a problem that has been known about for some time

Not good enough, plain and simple.

Login to Me Too

monisaint
Contributor
Contributor

To follow on from earlier, having trawled through complaints about Facebook Ireland Ltd I did discover that someone had had Facebook Ireland Ltd added to their "My pre-approved payments". I checked mine, and lo-and-behold there it was "Active" (now cancelled needless to say).

Could be worthwhile checking: Profile > My Money > My pre-approved payments

Easy enough to cancel but getting more and more p***ed off now.

Login to Me Too

spanner5351
New Community Member

Hi guys,

ive just had a payment taken from my account from Facebook Ireland Ltd, this is ridiculous!

-I've raised a dispute

-Cancelled the prepayment

-Forwarded the email i received to spoof@paypal.com.

-and im thinking about unlinking my bank account and card!

I've lost faith in PayPal! how could this happen!? It has got nothing to do with my facebook account, as a previous member mentioned, my facebook has not records of any payments and i have never used facebook to buy anything!

This is clearly a scam directly through paypal!

has anyone been successfully refunded?

and has anyone been given an explanation from Paypal?

I will be calling them tomorrow to discuss it with an agent.

Login to Me Too

Rhinoboy
New Community Member

I've just had:-

6th Jan - £3.23

9th Jan £52.65

taken out from Facebook Ireland LTD. I have no card details on Facebook having never used FB to buy anything. And having done a quick Google search have found this scam has been going on for at least a year. And Paypal have done nothing to stop it? Disgraceful. I have found the "monthly subscription" section and cancelled the transaction to Facebook Ireland LTD and also cancelled and removed my card from Paypal. I won't be using them again.

Both transactions have been noted and set up as disputed so let's see if Paypal get me my money back. I will also contact my bank today.

Login to Me Too

apshep
Contributor
Contributor

I have had three payments go out this evening to Facebook Ireland. Two for £3.24 and one for £52.67.

I have NEVER made any payment through Facebook and do not have a payment method logged with Facebook.

How the **bleep** did they get hold of my Paypal account details. As mentioned above when I checked I found two Pre-Approved entries for Facebook Ireland which I have NOT authorised.

Why is this still going on? How has this happened?

Login to Me Too

sleaford1
New Community Member

hi all

I have just had £92 taken from my account by facebook Ireland credits , Have raised a dispute , phoned the bank . Contacted paypal at 21:30 and no one in !! So much for 08:00- 22:00 , Have charged my facebook and paypal passwords

@apshep wrote:

I have had three payments go out this evening to Facebook Ireland. Two for £3.24 and one for £52.67.

I have NEVER made any payment through Facebook and do not have a payment method logged with Facebook.

How the **bleep** did they get hold of my Paypal account details. As mentioned above when I checked I found two Pre-Approved entries for Facebook Ireland which I have NOT authorised.

Why is this still going on? How has this happened?

and I am going to remove my card , Seems like this has been going on for a long time - have followed some help full blogs and deleted the pre-pay from my account . Hope it gets sorted soon

Login to Me Too

parleycross
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I too just had £87 removed from my account by Facebook Ireland.

Paypal have quickly found in my favour and processed a refund.

I am also very concerned how this has happened. It is obviously a known problem for at least a year.

How has Facebook Ireland appeared in My Pre-approved payments list in my Paypal account without my putting it there.

If you get hit by this scam make sure you inactivate the entry in you My Pre-approved payments as described elsewhere in this thread to stop the repeat payments.

There doesn't seem to be a way to delete the entry but you can set it to Inactive.

Paypal need to provide more information as to how these are happening and what they are doing to stop it.

Login to Me Too

giovani
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.